Ask advice and get tips from expert vintage sellers and buyers.
Fatandyz

Re: All right, I need some advice on how to maximize my profits.

Post by Fatandyz »

Up up, down down, left right, left right, B A, B A

I've found and sold Contra few times myself. Keeping 1 cartridge for myself of course.

It sucks seeing someone pull something out before you start picking. I was going through a t-shirt rack once at a Savers. There was a guy on the rack next to me. I saw him pull out an Nike Air Jordan sneaker shirt. At that moment I wished I was packing a taser.

ShirtSounds

Post by ShirtSounds »

So, Fixed Price auctions on E Bay... I, personally, don't get it. Why wouldn't you just start a regular auction at the lowest price you're willing to accept for an item and avoid the fees? What is the advantage of Fixed Price? E Bay makes it super easy to re-list items that do not sell, so you could keep putting the same item up over and over again with no fees.

Fatandyz

Post by Fatandyz »

The only time, (I understand) that ebay does not charge relisting fees on an auction is if the item sells. To be honest I haven't looked at the ebay fee chart in a few months. I'll have to check it out again.

When you have an eBay store you can list fixed priced listings (any price) for $0.20. The listing stays on for 30 days. With a fixed price listing you can use the 'make offer' option. Potential buyers make offers and you can accept, decline or counter. I've sold a lot of items this way.

I also take advantage of eBay's free and $0.01 listing day specials. On these days, I'll switch some of my older fixed price listings to 7-day auctions.

ShirtSounds

Post by ShirtSounds »

I've only been charged a re-listing fee if I have extra pictures or sub-headings... you know, for what you would normally pay extra. Other than that, the fees are always canceled. That might be recent, though, as it was only a little while ago they did away with listing fees (well, the first 50 are free now despite the price).

Fatandyz

Post by Fatandyz »

That's right! I forgot about the first 50 listings. I don't believe I'm eligible for those with my store.

Frank

Post by Frank »

There are a lot more Amazon sellers grabbing up the valuable books using their accursed phone scanners. I find a couple but no huge payoffs there.

ShirtSounds

Post by ShirtSounds »

Can't fault them, though... once I upgrade to the 4G, I'll probably do the same thing when it comes to scanning books. I use my phone to double-check shirts all of the time.

Also, what are the fees like on Etsy?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Etsy is 3.5% commission and a 20 cent cost per listing.
Jimmy J

ShirtSounds

Post by ShirtSounds »

Does Etsy charge for each additional picture?

oscar

Post by oscar »

Nope. 20 cents includes the pics. But you're limited to 5. That's usually enough, but sometimes I wish I could add a sixth.