Help build a vintage label resource by posting photos and discussing brands here.
willitwas0

Fruit Of The Loom

Post by willitwas0 »

Can anyone date this FRUIT OF THE LOOM TAG? 1969? I'm guessing maybe '69 because of the numbers in the tags lower left corner. It's attached to a flanel long sleeve I just picked up. Thanks! Image[img]

CRAZYBUBBA

Re: Fruit Of The Loom

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

No. RN numbers don't have the year on them, they simply are a legal requirement and indicate that the clothing dates from the 60s or later.

With that said, if the garment doesn't have a care tag dating it to the 1960s would be a safe bet. The label looks similar to the 1950s FOTL labels that I've seen so I'd probably date it closer to the beginning of the decade.

Ps: Post the shirt too! I'd love to see what that label is attached to.
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

willitwas0

Post by willitwas0 »

Thanks Bubba! This shirt does have a care tag. The care instructions are posted on the back. I'll post a picture of the shirt and this tag later today.

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

Actually, I've just noticed that it's made in Poland. That's kind of unusual. Also the presence of a care tag (generally speaking) would date it to the 70s or after.
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

I'd guess if it's made in poland and printed in english it would have to be made sometime in the 90's, in Post communism Poland.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Hermosa's right. There's now this was made in Poland by an American company during the Cold War. This shirt has to be from the 90s.
And care instructions were not included on tags until the 70s.

I've never ever seen that tag before. That's pretty obviously not their current logo- but see below for their old logo from the 60s- grabbed from a 1963 issue of Life Magazine. Could it be a weirdo bootleg?
Attachments
Fruit Of The Loom
fruit of the loom 60s logo.JPG (10.83 KiB) Viewed 22916 times

zam143

Post by zam143 »

Hi,

How about this fruit of the loom shirt, do think it's a repro? It has a care tag inside the shirt.

ins0mniac

Post by ins0mniac »

Hi, I am trying to find out when this Suicidal Tendencies shirt is from. I don't know much about vintage shirts so any info would be a help. Thanks.

I posted other pictures of the shirt in the forum for "real or repo" in vintage tshirt's catagory.
Attachments
Fruit Of The Loom
rsz_001.jpg (76.18 KiB) Viewed 22277 times
Fruit Of The Loom
rsz_002.jpg (77.83 KiB) Viewed 22277 times