Describe and link to anything vintage noteworthy.
TimeForMemories

Would you find my new price guide site useful?

Post by TimeForMemories »

Hello my vintage t-shirt aficionados! I started a new website a couple weeks ago that I'm hoping will be a vintage shirt value price guide of sorts - based on my personal sales of the shirts. Obviously, I'm just getting it going and so far only have 100 shirts on there.

So a few questions for you all if you have the time!
1) Would find the website useful? (especially as I get more on there)
2) Do you have any suggestions for the site? (navigation, content, etc.)
3) Do you like the over look and idea of it?

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give! I really appreciate any input at all!

Shawn G.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Would you find my new price guide site useful?

Post by jimmyj »

Cool! Definitely have use but also think you'll need a massive amount of entries before people will start to use it.
Jimmy J

TimeForMemories

Thanks for the feedback, Jimmy!

Yeah, I know I'll need to get tons more stuff on there for it to be of much use. Working on doing that. That's one of the reasons I wanted to get feedback now. Didn't want to have to make changes to a bunch of stuff later if people had some good suggestions for stuff now!

Airmon

Post by Airmon »

Hi Shawn and Jimmy
I would find your price guide useful but I would guess it would be hard to nail down a definitive price.
Just a bit of info about one of my purchases, as some will know I collect Recording Studio T-shirts(avoiding Abbey Road and Sun Studios tourist tat), it was a Wally Heider Recording one issued by the famous San Francisco studio in the 60s or 70s, I paid about £300($390) for it on ebay, a year or so later one popped up on ebay again for $1500 and it did sell at what price I don't know but it even spurred on an Australian company to make copies.They made a video, check it out here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D1iQm3bHyA
I have updated my own video on Youtube as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuCN_1bfK-s

XaronFisk

Post by XaronFisk »

It's good, just make it so the sold price shows without having to click and leave the page. Faster that way.

TimeForMemories

Hey Airmon! Thanks for the thoughts! I do know that prices can vary quite widely even on the same shirt. That's one of the reasons I put on every page that it's not a guaranteed value and that they should just use it as a guide amidst their research. That's also why I call the website a guide. It's just to kinda give people a general idea. I'm sure people could get more for some of the shirts I've sold and some they won't be able to get as much as I did. It all depends on so many things – condition, size, timing, quality of photos, reputation of the seller, and even patience to wait it out for the right buyer. But again, I hope the site will at least give people an idea on value! :D

TimeForMemories

Thanks for the tip, XaronFisk! I went ahead and made that change so now you'll see the value when you hover over.

Divalila

Post by Divalila »

I can’t even look, the site page immediately closes