Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
Sapphire2070

Air Jordan Tank Top (NIKE?) 80's ?

Post by Sapphire2070 »

Hi Jimmy
I have this red mesh tank top with the Air Jordan label on front. No other tags. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Is there a value on this? Is it a Nike Brand and is it 80's era?
measurements are:
pit to pit 22"
length top of shoulder to hem is 25"

Thanks so much
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Air Jordan Tank Top (NIKE?) 80's ?

Post by jimmyj »

Not sure but close enough if it isnt! Just present it as you have here - AJ stuff always sells.
Jimmy J

vintagew3ar

Post by vintagew3ar »

Hey, If no tag and no sign of tag being ripped off, it's possible it's bootleg. if not bootleg, maybe a recall, or maybe even an original from the early jordan collection, which would make it worth a substantial amount of $. Cool Tank. :D

Sapphire2070

Post by Sapphire2070 »

It sure would be nice to know if it was a bootleg, recall or an original like you said. There are no signs of a tag being ripped off at all.

Crampslux

Post by Crampslux »

I think that may have been part of a two-piece set with a t-shirt underneath. If you search for "fuel for air Jordan mcdonald's" there are pictures of Michael Jordan wearing one in a mcdonald's advert from '85.

Sapphire2070

Post by Sapphire2070 »

I did come across that and I do believe it was a 2 piece set. So with only half the set (which I think I like this half better) and it being around 1985ish does anyone have an idea what it would be worth if anything?

AirJordan

Post by AirJordan »

This was part of a 2 piece set. The tank top was stitched at the top of the shoulder onto the top of a black tee shirt. Lots of people cut off the red tank from the black tee shirt. I do not remember the red tank having a tag.