Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
jesvox

I got a problem! w/ a Bob Dylan Shirt On Ebay

Post by jesvox »

Iv been looking for a 100% authentic vintage Bob Dylan t shirt WYCO has an awsome one for $400, but anyway back to my problem...I dont know but this looks completely FAKE! it looks very new, this is a fake right? also the tag looks like a 70's tag kinda generic and plain, couldve they of sewned it on there??? im confused share your thoughts i want to hear!

It states "This is a rare 100% authentic Bob Dylan rock and roll concert music t-shirt. This is NOT a new shirt! This item is DEADSTOCK AND AT LEAST 30+ YEARS OLD. WE GUARANTEE IT! THIS IS ONE RARE SHIRT. TOTALLY UNUSED AND NEVER WASHED! Genuine NOS, NEVER WORN, NEVER WASHED, JUST BEAUTIFUL!"

heres the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-Vintage-70s-BoB ... 2302dddcf6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: I got a problem! w/ a Bob Dylan Shirt On Ebay

Post by jimmyj »

It's in brand new condition but New Old Stock. The brand new issue doesn't mean it's fake....although many of the most evil counterfeiters on eBay use NOS labeling to explain their mint condition Screen Stars tees with modern day prints on them.

they explain it here:

Hello eBayers! We just pulled a small stash of classic collectible t-shirts and original iron-on heat transfers from storage. They are all vintage and they are all very unique. We'll be listing new ones weekly so please check back often.

The tag is 70s and the seller has over valued most of the transfers they are selling and don't have any vintage in their feedback. This indicates they aren't familiar with the vintage t-shirt game...

I always email the seller if I'm unsure and tell them the real vintage aspect is a very important part of the purchase...many times if it's bogus or they have doubts themselves they will sway you off it in a subtle manner to avoid negative feedback.

I'm thinking it's genuine.
Jimmy J

jesvox

Re: I got a problem! w/ a Bob Dylan Shirt On Ebay

Post by jesvox »

jimmyj wrote:It's in brand new condition but New Old Stock. The brand new issue doesn't mean it's fake....although many of the most evil counterfeiters on eBay use NOS labeling to explain their mint condition Screen Stars tees with modern day prints on them.

they explain it here:

Hello eBayers! We just pulled a small stash of classic collectible t-shirts and original iron-on heat transfers from storage. They are all vintage and they are all very unique. We'll be listing new ones weekly so please check back often.

The tag is 70s and the seller has over valued most of the transfers they are selling and don't have any vintage in their feedback. This indicates they aren't familiar with the vintage t-shirt game...

I always email the seller if I'm unsure and tell them the real vintage aspect is a very important part of the purchase...many times if it's bogus or they have doubts themselves they will sway you off it in a subtle manner to avoid negative feedback.

I'm thinking it's genuine.
thanks for the respnse.