Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
mattevilspawn

Iron Maiden 1985 "Live After Death" by... GEM?

Post by mattevilspawn »

This one's advertised on eBay as being from 1985. I don't think I've ever seen a Maiden shirt produced by GEM. When did GEM start producing concert tees? I started noticing that brand in the 90s. The tag on this one is a red flag to me. The color also looks sub-par for a Maiden print. But I don't know. Maybe it's just a weak reprint from the 90s(?)

What do you think, Jimmy? (Or any other experts!)

Thanks, guys!
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Iron Maiden 1985 "Live After Death" by... GEM?

Post by jimmyj »

I've always thought it to be 90s - so it's likely a licensed 90s re-issue.
Jimmy J

mattevilspawn

Post by mattevilspawn »

jimmyj wrote:I've always thought it to be 90s - so it's likely a licensed 90s re-issue.
Thanks, Jimmy. Do you know anymore about GEM's history? The brand appears to have been active between circa 1992 to 1996. After that, I haven't seen much from them.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I don't! sorry.
Jimmy J

DevilDog_US_Marine

Post by DevilDog_US_Marine »

I just bouight this shirt yesterday and i wanted to know also because i never heard of Gem on a tag in the 80's and if it is a fake it's going back but the guy does have great feed back and correct me if im wrong i seen gem tags around years ago on old shirts so it could be the real deal anyone??? give your 2 cents on this please as we talking about $300.00 dollars here if you can thanks Devildog

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

In my experience GEM has always been 90s. The gent above found info that it was 1992 to 1996 - I tried to find out where that info came from but can't track it down. Happy to admit I'm wrong- just doesnt seem to be anything to go on that puts it in the 80s.

Whats the link to the listing?
Jimmy J