Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
CRAZYBUBBA

Elvis TCB T-shirt

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

So, I need some help. I've been eying an Elvis TCB shirt with a picture of the leather clad '68 comeback special Elvis on the front. However, I know (thanks to you guys) the seller's reputation for selling fakes and blank screenstars "best" t-shirts are still quite easy to find.

What do you think?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/vintage-1987-ELVIS-P ... x_T_Shirts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Elvis TCB T-shirt

Post by jimmyj »

I don't think we should support sellers who are producing and selling fakes...even if this one so happens to be vintage.

Plus, that's a 90s t-shirt, I don't think SS Best was around in '87?

I have a Hanes Elvis print that's a little too small for me - what chest measurement do you prefer?
Jimmy J

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

True, buying it would only add fuel to the fire. Plus, maybe I'll get lucky and another 50s "don't be cruel" promo tee will show up on ebay in the meantime. I think this one is definitely a reprint, the time frame isn't so much of a problem (1989 copyright), but there's another guy on ebay selling the same deadstock t-shirt.

Thanks for the offer, but that definitely wouldn't fit me. Although, I'd be interested to see what the print looks like.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Strangely..this is the one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-1980s-ELVIS ... 20ae597d5a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jimmy J

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

btw, I've always wondered if they've modeled their business after yours. The logos are similar to the one you had on your about me page and I remember receiving some correspondence about the "defunkd vintage academy" after my purchase from you. What do you think?

Johnny65

Post by Johnny65 »

I wouldn't consider either of those Elvis tees true vintage.

But you guys know I'm a stickler for originals 8-)

http://worn75.blogspot.com/

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

blech....I know...who knows, either way it's annoying...I'm moving away from that theme slowly.
Jimmy J

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

I agree. It's just that the 70s Elvis prints get pretty repetitive and I've been looking with something with a '68 Elvis on it for some time. True era pieces are no where to be found.