Etsy sellers!!! Help get these awful bootlegs off of etsy!!

Ask advice and get tips from expert vintage sellers and buyers.

Etsy sellers!!! Help get these awful bootlegs off of etsy!!

Postby oscar on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:57 pm

http://www.etsy.com/listing/81562941/vintage-t-shirt-motley-crue-russell?ref=cat3_gallery_19

Look through the tees and report them! Please! Help me try to clean up etsy! I reported the terrible GNR Was Here bootleg. The seller's name is Krishanthi Mahagamage. Is that familiar to anyone?
oscar

Re: Etsy sellers!!! Help get these awful bootlegs off of etsy!!

Postby jimmyj on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:15 pm

Man -

Sure is familiar....not sure if you're asking that in a joking matter but just in case - read the comments too:

http://www.defunkd.com/2011/04/28/mahagamage-brand/

aka TinaLove1991

Pretty sure this and the new bootleg eBay seller I just posted are the same person or someone who has direct contact with Mahagamage.

Sooo tired of Etsy and eBay's open door policy for bootleggers, those report buttons are a mirage, they don't do anything.

The Defunkd marketplace is only a few weeks away from completion. So if you're sick of the B.S. elsewhere, rest assured we will have a strict anti-bootleg policy and every report will be thoroughly and immediately reviewed.
Jimmy J
jimmyj
Site Admin

Postby oscar on Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:00 pm

Haha, yeah, I asked as a joke. I wonder if I would get in trouble with etsy if I just reported everything in their shop. I also wish when reporting why I think an item is "not of the period" that I could just say "Look at the shit!" and they would understand.
oscar

Postby jimmyj on Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Yup. Let me know what happens - I want to see if they take any action. Myself and another seller reported someone on there and included links to forum posts on their activity...and they did nothing.
Jimmy J
jimmyj
Site Admin

Postby Johnny65 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:07 am

I went a head and reported at least 6 of his Etsy listings with the following explanation:

"Horrible, unauthorized recent reproduction listed as "vintage" by bootlegger with a terrible reputation among legit vintage sellers."

Doubt it will help though. :evil:

http://worn75.blogspot.com/
Johnny65

Postby oscar on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:36 pm

Nice!!! That one is gone! But we have this OTHER etsy store selling the same exact crap. The Shop owners name? Luybov Mahagamage. What the fuck? Check 'em and report 'em.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/81206654/vintage-t-shirt-david-bowie-and?ref=pr_shop
oscar

Postby jimmyj on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:14 pm

Nice, they actually took action. Wonder why they have ignored all the reports in the past.

Mahagamages are the cockroaches of bootleggers, for everyone you see there's hundreds others.
Jimmy J
jimmyj
Site Admin

Postby oscar on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:41 pm

It might have been because I could give specific proof for their crap- I focused on reporting their non-vintage stuff that wasn't a crappy bootleg. For example, they were selling a Famous Stars and Straps shirt as vintage. So I could say that the brand hasn't been around long enough to be anything close to vintage. They had a few things like that.

For this new one I found I reported their GNR rape shirt and in the report I linked Stormcrow's tee as an example of how one is supposed to look. Hopefully that will have a little more weight than just telling them that it should be obvious by looking!
oscar

Postby jimmyj on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:50 pm

Good work sir! Was it you that said the deleted some of your listings because they weren't 20 years old? maybe lack of age is the best angle.
Jimmy J
jimmyj
Site Admin

Postby oscar on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:52 pm

Yup, that was me. That's why I thought to go that route.
oscar

Next

Return to eBay Advice