Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
maxvintage

Pricing Among Peers

Post by maxvintage »

I'm curious to know what everyone's pricing strategies are?

I feel like in just my 6 months or so into the selling vintage shirts world, I've come across a several shirts that others sellers out their have. In no particular order, vintage pimps, wyco, stormcrow, and fatandyz.

Now all these folks are obviously peers on defunkd and ebay. They've all be at it longer than I have and probably have a solid grasp on pricing.

So, whenever I get a shirt that someone else has, how do I change my price or do I put it the same? Obviously, condition matters, but often times the condition is pretty similar. I want to move shirts as quickly as possible, but at the same time I don't want to come in an undercut everyone.

Just curious to hear others' thoughts on whenever they get a duplicate shirt.

Thanks,

-Max

VintageManiac

Re: Pricing Among Peers

Post by VintageManiac »

I feel the same way about dupes. I say put your questionable dupes on Ebay. That is my strategy at this time!
- Maniac

Stormcrow

Post by Stormcrow »

Hey Max,
I know this answer is late and you probably have moved on, but I just noticed the question and love hearing myself type, so....
I say, you should have no qualms about pricing a shirt at whatever price you want. Happy listing!

maxvintage

Post by maxvintage »

Hey Stormcrow-

Never too late to chime in. We're all looking to learn whenever and wherever possible.

It just seems so subjective. Like how do you determine that a shirt is worth $200 and what's the difference between that and $400, and so on and so forth?

I wanna sell my stuff for sure and don't really want to just put it up just for show.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you determine to price that Zeppelin shirt @ $10k? Why not 8 or 12?