If you're new and want to say hello, do it here.
theeteetotaler

I really wish i found this forum sooner...

Post by theeteetotaler »

Hi everyone,

I've been an avid vintage picker for about 15 years now, and like most of you here, my passion has always been t-shirts. I've sold about 25k vintage shirts to most of the vintage clothing stores in the country, maybe even to some of you.

I was lucky, very lucky, and found a cache of stedman/screen stars blank tees in a basement in the midwest a decade ago. together with 10000s of vintage iron ons from the 70s/80s i had fun making t-shirts for friends, ebay and shops throughout the country.

I also was fortunate to buy from the winterland warehouse when they moved facilities in the early 2000s. It was pretty amazing and I've still got some pieces from that haul.

Unfortunately, the 9 to 5 life I now live makes thrifting and traveling hard. The thrill of the pick is still the best feeling, so I'm going to ease back into picking and selling.

I hope to make some new friends and share stories and information.

thanks!

Greg

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: I really wish i found this forum sooner...

Post by jimmyj »

Welcome! A veteran! What kind of goodness was in that Winterland haul?
Jimmy J

theeteetotaler

Re: I really wish i found this forum sooner...

Post by theeteetotaler »

It was a pretty Remarkable lot. I worked for a trucking company and our warehouse shared a wall with winterland. I probably bought about 12000 shirts, mostly mid to late 80s/early 90s stuff. most the shirts were cases of promo shirts meant to be delivered to record stores, etc. Most of the boxes were water stained and probably refused by the record stores, i opened a few boxes and noticed the shirts were all totally fine. Boxes and boxes of Metallica, GnR, Beastie boys, Public Enemy, etc. I immediately sold about 3/4 of the lot wholesale. I sold a lot of super $$$$ shirts for $8-10 a piece, I can't complain, I had fun.

I still have a few dozen of some from those days. I'll try to post some pictures soon.