Discuss denim.
river

Levi's Sta Prest

Post by river »

Hi guys,

Js wana start a topic on this particular vintage line of clothing.
Sorry to post this topic under the topic of "Jeans", as we don't have any suitable topic for Sta Prest.

Could anyone share any history on sta prest? the variations, year of production and variable cuttings, flare/straight cut? et.c

So far the only reliable source is from wiki, however I don't think we have enough info. there.

Thanks

river,
http://riverhine8.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CRAZYBUBBA

Re: Levi's Sta Prest

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

To be honest, I've never really paid any attention to them. Mostly, because I pick up vintage for personal wear and those pants aren't really my style.

I think that they were 60-70s pants because I've seen some with bellbottoms and talon zips. That's about all that I can add.
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

bandito

Post by bandito »

From the British perspective,Sta-prest first hit in the late 60's and were adopted by the skinhead movement as a smart version of the basic levi's jeans.I think the originals came in 3 colours,beige(stone),dark green and navy blue.They also had frog-mouth pockets and lightning brand zippers.
These days,they are highly sought after and I sold a pair on Ebay for close to 3 figures several years back.

river

Post by river »

thanks for d input guys...

Frank

Post by Frank »

these were also very popular with the first wave of emo kids- i'm talking Fugazi, Unwound, The Make-up, Nation of Ullysses, Heroin, etc.
they're strictly for skinny teens in the US now. I can't cram my ass into those jeans.

StivTaters

Post by StivTaters »

Yep, Frank's right. I lived in Oly during that first wave and they were everywhere...and worn as high-waters. I always associated them with mods too, especially the who, but don't know if they were actually s-st-st-ta-prest.

staprest

Post by staprest »

Sta prest slacks were introduced in 1964 and every pair of slacks that were made from levis up until the 1980's were sta prest with the exception of action slacks with also are sta prest and were only just recently discontinued, so long story short every pair wether they were saddleman boot cut jeans, 517's, 306,s, action slacks, gentlemans jeans, etc etc they all were made with either fortrel or dacron wrinkle free polyester and soil resistant sta prest permanent crease technology usually with black pocket tabs with either gold or silver lettering ....hope this helps

Johnny65

Post by Johnny65 »

PabloMajid wrote:hi wana,What if you could fix your favorite pair of jeans for minimal cost?
Hey PabloMajid -

All participation in the forum is welcome and encouraged but I think the Defunkd members would appreciate it if you didn't use this as a place to create back-links to your companies that have no relation to vintage clothing.
collective [kəˈlɛktɪv]
http://worn75.blogspot.com/

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Good work sir - just delete any of these one post idiots - they are pretending to engage in the conversation to they can create back links.

I'm deleting him - and deactivating the links in your post - because that's what they want...backlinks pointing at their websites.
Jimmy J

Johnny65

Post by Johnny65 »

Sounds good Jimmy!

I wasn't entirely sure the guy was spamming so I opted to be polite in case it was an actual member who was unaware.
collective [kəˈlɛktɪv]
http://worn75.blogspot.com/