Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
bender24

85 iron maiden shirt

Post by bender24 »

I can't seem to find this one anywhere does anyone have an idea of the value, or a good asking price for this one?ImageImage

Johnny65

Re: 85 iron maiden shirt

Post by Johnny65 »

Hey Bender24,

That is one of the more rare Maiden tees. Size and condition will factor into it's value. If you decide to list it make sure to provide the actual measurements from armpit to armpit and from the top of the collar to the bottom of the shirt. T-shirts were sized very differently in 1985 than they are now.

There are Iron Maiden t-shirt collectors out there that will go crazy for this one. Probably in the $100.00 - $250.00 for auction. Could go considerably higher if there is a bidding war. You could also do a fixed price listing and ask for as much as you want but don't expect it to sell right away.

What else do you have?
collective [kəˈlɛktɪv]
http://worn75.blogspot.com/

bender24

Post by bender24 »

thanks, I probably will list this soon. I'll be sure to list the size. It says xl, but i'll do the measurements too.

I'll be going through some boxes over the next week, but I think there are some montley crue, zz top, elton john, twisted sister, tesla maybe some g &r, but not really sure. I'm not sure on any of them, but I did find some of these a while back and gave them away, not knowing they had any value. I have a hugh pile of boxes I need to go through, so as I find them I'll post them.

Thanks again!

bender24

Post by bender24 »

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I would re-list that! You're missing the world "vintage" and "t-shirt" :o very few will find it - luckily you have a high opening bid or someone would swoop in and steal it.

Also - show pics of the tag!

And for the love of god - SHIP INTERNATIONAL! Why cut out the rest of the world as bidders who will drive the price up? (sorry - being in Canada I take this personally when sellers refuse to ship to me)

If you list it properly - title, maybe some better photos - you wont have to put a high starting bid. Shirts like that will get fair market value. Make it 10 days a squeeze a little extra exposure out of it.
Jimmy J

bender24

Post by bender24 »

I was worried I had missed some things. This is my first auction and I already regret the no international shipping thing. The guy that is bidding on it now is acutally a international bidder, so I will edit that out tonight.

Thanks for the advice!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I think u gotta end it and start again....unless things have changed you cant alter the title at this point. And you've only got a limited time to end it.
Jimmy J

bender24

Post by bender24 »

I'm having trouble deciding if I should really end it or not. I almost think I'd be happy with $500. I'd like to get more, but I'm worried if I get greedy I'll lose the bidder I have. I did get to add that international bidders are welcome, but the original "NO INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS" is still there so it may be confusing.

Boy, I really am having trouble deciding!

I really would like to thank you Jimmy, you've really been a big help all along the way!

matmin

Post by matmin »

my advice is take Jimmy advice..your shirt might be still cheap for $500