Talk about anything here.
maiden87

First Band You Ever Went And Seen????

Post by maiden87 »

Whats was your first show you ever seen live? Mine was w.a.s.p. and slayer slayer opened up for wasp 1987 was really good alot of slayer fans stayed to boo wasp later they set a trash can on fire in the middle of the floor demanding slayer back on thats when blackie said get their asses out of here.Show was great!!!!

Fatandyz

Re: First Band You Ever Went And Seen????

Post by Fatandyz »

The first band I ever saw perform live was when I was about 10 or 11 years old. We were on a family trip to Disneyland in California and New Edition was playing inside the park. The first band I saw on purpose and actually bought tickets for was Motley Crue.

TrickyGuns

Post by TrickyGuns »

maiden87 wrote:Whats was your first show you ever seen live? Mine was w.a.s.p. and slayer slayer opened up for wasp 1987 was really good alot of slayer fans stayed to boo wasp later they set a trash can on fire in the middle of the floor demanding slayer back on thats when blackie said get their asses out of here.Show was great!!!!

You were exposed to Blackie Lawless's codpiece at such a young age? Haha. I love W.A.S.P. and with Slayer? What a badass first show!

I wish i had some profound band to say like Slayer for my first show, but i believe it was Korn in the mid 90s. It was before i discovered 80s metal and that's pretty much all i listen to now. L.A Guns, Ratt, W.A.S.P., Dangerous Toys, Shotgun Messiah, etc.

wax&thread

Post by wax&thread »

Ahhh, went with my dad in 1991.

Skid Row (Slave to the Grind tour) w/ Pantera (Cowboys from Hell tour).

Pretty safe to say this day changed my life.

nicotine

Post by nicotine »

BAD RELIGION. last year i went see their gig in japan. their are my first band i saw in live. and bad religion is my most favorite. their are #1 punk(melodic hard core, that we call here) band ever.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Life Sentence (second wave hardcore/crossover)outside of Chicago, January 1, 1989. There were about 600 crazed punk rockers, metal heads, skaters, and skinheads there.

Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

The very first band I paid money to see was Steppenwolf. The first song they played that night was Magic Carpet ride and the last song of the evening was Monster (a truly great song, check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDFKphodBQI )
Some people learn by reading
Others need to watch
The rest need to pee on the electric fence to find out.

Fatandyz

Post by Fatandyz »

Grandpa wrote:The very first band I paid money to see was Steppenwolf. The first song they played that night was Magic Carpet ride and the last song of the evening was Monster (a truly great song, check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDFKphodBQI )
The Pusher has always been my favorite song by Steppenwolf....nicely used in Easy Rider

tupper

Post by tupper »

The very first band I ever watched live was aeons ago; Depeche Mode. It was awesome! Dave Gahan was like only a few feet away from me!

Johnny65

Post by Johnny65 »

One of the very first bands I ever saw play live believe it or not was Black Flag on Aug.21 1981 at the long closed but infamous California punk club "The Cuckoos Nest".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuckoo's_Nest_(nightclub)

Original flyer for the show

Me and my buddy Steve at that show. Me on the right.

collective [kəˈlɛktɪv]
http://worn75.blogspot.com/