Going forward you can efer to our appraisal guide: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
Like most of you, I'm a vintage t lover.
Always have been.
I love them.
As much as it kills me, it's time to start selling my most loved t's.
I bought all 3 of these at a dark and dirty paterson salvation army in new jersey about 20 years ago.
One at a time, randomly placed i spent hours there thinking "omg, are there more?".
So these are my 3 favorites of all times, and i have to sell them to pay bills..
Any info of their value would be greatly appreciated!
I can only post 5 photo so all 3 have southern labels.
the last one says "FRIENDLY ICE CREAM" same color and size of texaco also with the number 3 sewn on the back. All small sizes 28 bust 20 long. All heavy thick cotton.
- hand sewn felt on back of both
- IMG_1164.JPG (90.51 KiB) Viewed 4265 times
- IMG_1159.JPG (53.8 KiB) Viewed 4265 times
- beaver tag
- IMG_1196.JPG (76.17 KiB) Viewed 4265 times
- beaver front
- IMG_1201.JPG (53.27 KiB) Viewed 4265 times
- beaver back
- IMG_1209.JPG (117.14 KiB) Viewed 4265 times
- IMG_1214.JPG (75.02 KiB) Viewed 4264 times
- IMG_1171.JPG (69.44 KiB) Viewed 4264 times
1. Prob late 40s / 50s Russell tags
http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2010/12/02/ ... -athletic/
2. For Mobil and Texaco - they get a bump because there are collectors who go nuts for anything history of the automobile / gas station memorabilia. Although it's typically items with old logos they can hang on their garage walls - old ads, gas pumps, etc.
3. The boys sizes takes it down a notch - it means it will take all people who buy to wear out of the equation. But it's also old enough to make it a piece people would just add to their closet.
As much as I hate to recommend eBay over Defunkd - I think you need a platform where car enthusiasts frequent rather than just vintage t-shirt lovers - because the t-shirt angle isn't the biggest selling point I don't think.
It should be listed in a vintage auto memorabilia section that those collectors constantly monitor for goodies.
Make sure to put "vintage" "t-shirt" "1950s" but more importantly "texaco" and perhaps other car related terms. List em both at the same time and write in each listing to check out the other.
Would love to see what other tees you have up your sleeves! Thanks for joining! J
i actually found your blog while googling these labels!
my hard drive crashed on sunday,with all the photos on it,
so now i have to get back to my storage to retake the photos to list those t's and a few for this site.. so give me a few days, and i'll list some goodies here!
- Similar Topics
- Last post
- 1 Replies
- 1499 Views
Last post by jimmyj
Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:53 am
- 0 Replies
- 2216 Views
Last post by bodhi
Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:37 pm
- 2 Replies
- 1795 Views
Last post by srnyc
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:50 pm
- 2 Replies
- 1402 Views
Last post by Mzzmerc
Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:37 pm
- 7 Replies
- 2332 Views
Last post by studiolano
Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:17 pm