Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
Inmind

Kurt Cobain - Spin Cover shirt

Post by Inmind »

Not sure if this the the correct section, it's sorta like a T shirt meets a sweater.

I got this a few years ago for myself and eventually stopped wearing it but kept it. I didn't realize that I owned this nearly identical shirt to the one Kurt Cobain wore on the cover of Spin Mazaine until about a year ago when I went to the EMP museum in Seattle and saw the actual one from the shoot.
[/code]
As I said above it's a nearly identical shirt, Kurts was a V neck, mine is a crew neck. I have no clue how much it might be worth or if i should BIN or if I should let it go up for auction.

Also its a Penny's brand shirt, I can get pics of the tag later.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Kurt Cobain - Spin Cover shirt

Post by jimmyj »

That's wicked. Probably the same brand. The v-neck would def. be more desirable these days.

The arms on his look longer - is yours a small? maybe his is an XL?

Worth a shot to list it! Let us know how it plays out.
Jimmy J

bodhi

Re: Kurt Cobain - Spin Cover shirt

Post by bodhi »

That's a pretty cool thing to stumble across in your collection :). So odd, I just sold a shirt probably from this exact same line about 2 months ago on Ebay. Mine was blue with orange and red trim, same cut, probably the same Penney's tag by the looks of it. Mine got a whopping $9.99 but I'll venture a guess yours pulls in a touch more with that Spin photo.

Mine:
Attachments
Kurt Cobain - Spin Cover shirt
penneysblue.jpg (29.52 KiB) Viewed 3335 times