Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
mrs_stout

Cows of New York T-Shirt

Post by mrs_stout »

I picked up this t-shirt thinking it was tied into the Cows on Parade exhibit that was in NYC back in 2000. I lived there back then and it was very cool to see the various cows around the city.

Anywho, when I started cataloguing, I realized that this t-shirt is NOT tied into the exhibit, but was issued a full decade before the exhibit took place. Besides the '90 date on the signature (Phillips/90), the Mid-Town cow posts taxi fares of $1.50/1st mile, which was the fare at that time.

I'm familiar with most of the tourist tees (having worked in mid-town and downtown for years) and this is a very unusual t-shirt for Manhattan.

Does the artist mean anything to anyone? Any ideas on this at all? Thanks in advance.
Cows of New York T-Shirt
cowsofny.jpg (67.26 KiB) Viewed 4010 times

CRAZYBUBBA

Re: Cows of New York T-Shirt

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

This is cool!
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

mrs_stout

Re: Cows of New York T-Shirt

Post by mrs_stout »

CRAZYBUBBA wrote:This is cool!
Isn't it?! I tend to hoard the better NYC tees for myself, so this one may stick around in my rotation for a while.

My best guess on this tee is that it was probably from a cattle convention that year. Other than that, I can't think of any reason at all to associate cows with NYC; upstate NY - yes, but with NYC I'm drawing a complete blank.