Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
cokenner

Screen Stars, Polo Sport, Schlitz - Recent Finds

Post by cokenner »

Look for some consultation before I get these up for auction. Have some shirts I found recently and finally I'm getting around to posting them. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Measurements:
Schlitz - Pits: 21 Length: 26
Polo Sport (Medium) - Pits: 21 Length: 26
Screen Stars L/S (XL) - Pits: 20 Length: 26
Screen Stars S/S (XL) - Pits: 20 Length: 28 <<<< NOS?? I also have a suspicion it might have been a blank t and someone added the print at a later date.

Thanks again folks!
Attachments
Last edited by cokenner on Wed May 07, 2014 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

cokenner

Re: Screen Stars, Polo Sport, Schlitz - Recent Finds

Post by cokenner »

letters
Attachments
Last edited by cokenner on Wed May 07, 2014 12:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I would only auction The Polo Sport one. It's not really one that would appeal to the lo-lifes. Not sure how old it is - but seems like all vintage Polo has a some value, sometimes surprises me - so might be worth a flyer.

Schlitz I you should sit on until the right hipster comes along.

The other ones...may flop. Especially the yellow one. I've never had luck with Yellow. What's the Cruise one represent?
Jimmy J

cokenner

Post by cokenner »

I assume a family reunion as it says "The Cruse Family". There was a Christian band/group I found on google from the mid 80s, but from the looks of it I'd say not. Also, thank for the lightning-fast reply!

FiftyFiftyMan

Post by FiftyFiftyMan »

The Schlitz shirt looks like it's a tri blend with rayon. While the rayon fad may have tapered, many people love the look and feel of them. They're some of my favorite fitting shirts. Like Jimmy says I'd start it with a high price & sit on it. Make sure you open bidding to worldwide bidders.

The Polo looks more recent. I don't see bikers being drawn to the advertising Polo brand, but possibly Polo fans liking the biker theme. The other two shirts have narrow markets. You'll need good key words in descriptions. The chicken shirt may sell for cheap, but the Cruise shirt may be a tough sell to anyone. Good luck.