Anything sports related, pro-teams and threads about Polo Sport threadz.
jimmyj
Site Admin

Help me Decode This autographed LA Hat

Post by jimmyj »

Hey guys and gals. My recent batch of vintage had quite a bit of autographed items. This fitted cap is one of them. But I'm stumped - I can't even figure out for sure what team it is, so can't begin to try to ID the autos.

Assuming it's Clippers by the color scheme - but can't find any other Clippers with LA as presented. Dodgers the LAs overlap.

Anyhoot, thought I'd reach out so see if anyone can say for sure and ID any of the autos. You can click on the images now for bigger views.

Thanks
Attachments
LA autographed hat
LA autographed hat
Jimmy J

cokenner

Re: Help me Decode This autographed LA Hat

Post by cokenner »

The Angles have the same color scheme as well. The only really legible auto is the #57 on the navy part of the front. Still couldn't really find anything. :(

Retro

Post by Retro »

I thought it might be an angels hat for a bit, but now I am not sure. I cross referenced the number 57 with lifetime team rosters on a bunch of different LA sports teams, including minor league teams and didn't get too many leads. Don't think it could be the clippers as they don't have a #57. I am now under the impression that it might just be a house league team, that would explain the shoddy autographs as well. Could be wrong though! Hopefully someone else can dig up some info on this thing.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Thanks - yeah I thought that - but it's a pretty well crafted hat for house league. Maybe minor league?
Jimmy J