Describe and link to anything vintage noteworthy.
Twelvedollar

Our Etsy Shop

Post by Twelvedollar »

https://www.etsy.com/shop/12dollarTShirts

Hope this is ok to share here. This is our Etsy shop, 12dollartshirts. My girl and I are artists and we deal in antiques and vintage modern, but we love going through racks of shirts, you never know what memroy they might trigger. I'm a big guy, so most don't fit me, but I like knowing that someone else might get a chance to rock'em. We keep'em cheap, as this is more of a fun hobby than a business. Thanks for looking!

oscar

Re: Our Etsy Shop

Post by oscar »

You have some fun stuff, but it's shitty that you have shirts from 2005 and 2003 listed as vintage. That's a huge disservice for those of us that make a living by online selling genuine vintage of the era.

Twelvedollar

Post by Twelvedollar »

oscar wrote:You have some fun stuff, but it's shitty that you have shirts from 2005 and 2003 listed as vintage. That's a huge disservice for those of us that make a living by online selling genuine vintage of the era.
Hey Oscar,

I'm sorry you feel that way. We don't misrepresent what we are selling, and 95% of our shirts "vintage". Those that aren't have dates listed and aren't described as being old or period. I guess as just a novice and someone who enjoys fun shirts I was unaware we were affecting anyone's livelihood, that would never be our intent.

M

oscar

Post by oscar »

You have shirts listed from the 2000's as "vintage from 1990-1993" in the vintage section. If everyone did that on etsy buyers who are looking for a genuine vintage shirt are either going to have to wade through tons of stuff that isn't actually vintage (like on ebay), or maybe they're not going to look closely enough and buy something that they thought was vintage that really isn't and have their etsy experience soured because they thought it was a reputable marketplace. You can see how that hurts sellers too. Buyers shouldn't have to read the fine print to see that they're getting a modern shirt. Why don't you just sell the newer band shirts on ebay where the listings aren't prohibited? There's a reason on etsy that when you chose to sell in the vintage section there's no option to chose "from the 2000's". I find lots of fun shirts that aren't vintage that I know someone will like and that's where mine all go.

jacquelineduncan

Post by jacquelineduncan »

Have vintage Leopard print T-shirt?? Let me know.......