Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
JackSkull

Legitimate 80's Samhain shirt?

Post by JackSkull »

Hello everyone,

I'm helping out a friend sell an old Samhain shirt, which appears to be from the 80's? But, I'm quite unsure about it as well, as the tag is a little work and it's hard to make out. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your help on my previous posts, ya'll!

Thank you,

All the best,
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Legitimate 80's Samhain shirt?

Post by jimmyj »

Hmmmmmm. What I can see of the tag doesnt ring any bells. But I still see new 80s tags all the time. whats the pit to pit?
Jimmy J

JackSkull

Post by JackSkull »

jimmyj wrote:Hmmmmmm. What I can see of the tag doesnt ring any bells. But I still see new 80s tags all the time. whats the pit to pit?
Hey Jimmy,

The shirts measurements are about 19.5/20" from pit to pit and 27/28 inches long. The shirt is also appears to be some kind of 50/50 polyester cotton mix, but hard to say really. The shirt is rather soft and worn.

Thank you,

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

It might be early 90s. Most 80s Ms don't have those measurements after a few washes. That's near modern day M. But can't say for sure. This is listed on eBay right? Is it yours or you're trying to make sure it's 80s before you purchase?
Jimmy J

JackSkull

Post by JackSkull »

jimmyj wrote:It might be early 90s. Most 80s Ms don't have those measurements after a few washes. That's near modern day M. But can't say for sure. This is listed on eBay right? Is it yours or you're trying to make sure it's 80s before you purchase?
I was thinking the same thing, regarding the size. It was listed on eBay by my friend and 'bought', as in the buyer committed to buying it, but the buyer backed out. Maybe he had doubts. I'm a also a huge Samhain fan, so I might snag it from my friend, as he's still up in the air about re listing it, but I'm not sure if it's legit, telling by it all. I've seen this exact same print on a lot of screen star tees, but could it have been printed by a different brand? I'm interested, but don't want to shoot myself in the foot. It seems right. There's printing on the back of the tag and it looks like it says 'polyester cotton'.

Here's the link to the original listing;

http://m.ebay.com/itm/141674225439

He's account name is - Solarghost33. He has other vintage tees and a screen star tee listed on there as well.

JackSkull

Post by JackSkull »

Btw, I ran across this old listing on etsy. The measurments and tag size are very similar to the Samhain shirt. The only difference is, well, the one on etsy is a screen stars tee. Perhaps it could be from that era? Very hard to say, Jimmy.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1031890 ... 985-tour-t

Also, added more pics of the tag.

Thank you,
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Here's a similar one - that was originally a L

http://www.defunkd.com/product/DO142230 ... shirt-sz-l

measurements are almost the same. Have a feeling it's 90s, but no way of proving it.
Jimmy J