Talk about anything here.
oldschoolfool

Question. Do you WEAR your vintage tees???

Post by oldschoolfool »

I always wonder that. I see people pay a ton for some vintage band shirts. Do you wear them or just collect them?? I'd be very nervous wearing an expensive vintage tee.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Question. Do you WEAR your vintage tees???

Post by jimmyj »

I do. My private stash...but never ones that are expensive. Too risky because I know Ill likely sell those one day.
Jimmy J

Retro

Post by Retro »

I've got one pretty expensive tee that I wear all the time, not planning on selling it though. I just try to wear it when I am chillin around the house, and avoid wearing it with deodorant so it doesn't get any nasty deo stains. I usually will take it off if I am about to eat some pasta w/ sauce or anything potentially messy. Just have some respect for what you are wearing and you will be fine :D no point having an expensive tee if you don't get to enjoy it once in awhile.

stage1dave

Post by stage1dave »

Man, I couldn't resist this thread!

I'll put a "rare" one on about once a month, I find it's really good advertising (if yer sellin' a few) and a great conversation starter...btw, I'm married; so not THAT KIND of conversation starter :mrgreen: The wife has as many t's as I do, so sometimes we have to be careful not to go out as Judas Priest grandparents haha

Last grocery expedition to Superstore warranted an Iron Maiden tour t from the Powerslave swing, but from a part I didn't witness, the Iron Curtain part. It's interesting to observe the reactions you get, and sometimes it's a "...I've got a bunch of those things at home..." never know where that may lead!

I actually find quite a few potential customers & unearth some neat stuff this way...it's about as close to networking as I'll ever get. Vintage GnR and Nirvana stuff gets a lotta looks too, but you have to be careful with whats on the back of a Guns' shirt :roll: (I live in a small city where retirement is about the only growth industry, and the denizens' just don't appreciate Robert William's artwork when you're standing in line at the bank)

Although the teller did ask me "...isn't that the band that was always swearing & their singer was nuts?"

I've flirted with the idea of tossing on a "God hates us all" Slayer t and showing up at church, but I can't see that generating any business...well, no good business anyway :twisted:

Anyway, wearing 'ems the easy part...it's the washing that makes me grit my teeth!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Please do the church thing and take a video! :evil: :twisted:
Jimmy J

Bingeonvintage

Post by Bingeonvintage »

Heck no! I have my favorite Van Halen tee shirt that I've had long before I had a fetish with tees but I am way to afraid of ripping them. Seriously these things are hella fragile, trust me I have learned my lesson.

joevarmint7

Post by joevarmint7 »

Back in 1988 Nike made a "Wrigley Field At Night" shirt that was all black except for the title at the top with just an empty black shirt underneath. I thought it was a joke until the clerk told me to hold it against my chest for a minute and then when I pulled it away it had a picture of Wrigley Field lit up with lights on. Body heat made the picture appear ! This was at a Nike outlet store in San Ysidro Ca and I have never seen another one like it anywhere. Have been searching the web but no luck. You might wonder where the shirt is. My Ex gave it to a thrift store without asking me first. One reason she's my Ex. Hard to live with someone who is that stupid.

Airmon

Post by Airmon »

Not my vintage ones, but I must try and work out a way to display them rather than just hanging on coat hangers.