Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
SW52577

Re: Vintage Star Wars unique T-shirts SEALED mint

Post by SW52577 »

SF415 wrote:Well, aside from the Yoda/Taun-Taun I have, these are the only other two that have surfaced (that I know of.)

This is the first time I have seen the labels so let me do some investigative work and email a few fellow collectors (Star Wars) and see what I can turn up.

I am very interested in purchasing/trading for your shirts if you're willing to sell.... that Vader is awesome.

I'm at the office currently so I'll start my research when I get home.

In the meantime, try looking through the database at theswca.com There are literally hundreds of different shirts listed there and now that we know Drummer is on the label, a keyword search there may turn something up.

Congrats man, those t's are great!

~Steve

P.S. The Lionel price tag is from Lionel Kiddie City toy store that I heard was run out of business by Toys 'r' Us. As to the value I would say low-end $50-$75 each, high-end who knows? The prices for vintage Star Wars stuff is hard to determine nowadays due to so many anomalies happening everyday. Plus, we are in the midst of a huge star wars boom with the new movies. In my experience though, the weirder the item, the more desirable it is. I'd like first crack at them so if you would like to talk about it with me, let me know.

Hello,Steve thanks I appreciate your input..I will research that.I myself am A SW collector since a kid..I never came across these or even seen them.I do have a few Vintage SW shirts,clothing etc nothing crazy I was never focused on that mainly toys..

As for a value would think it will sell as much as a person would pay lol.The fact basically since these haven't been seen plus they are bagged!It really doesn't get better then that..I might list for a ridiculous price lol just to test the waters..I will see ..i love having rarities. If anything I would definitely would work something out with you. FYI love your collection I would ask what would you want for it all!!!Lol

SF415

Post by SF415 »

You are absolutely right, it is only worth what someone will pay for it. I figure if you want to maximize the exposure and get as much as you can monitarily, either eBay or certain Facebook groups (specializing in Star Wars shirts) are the way to go; test the waters please and if you do not get what you want for them, then hit me up. I'd offer $125.00 for the Vader right now. But I'd suggest do more research and contact Bill McBride, he is the World's Record holder for the largest Darth Vader collection; if he doesn't have this example, I'm positive he'd make a decent offer. I'm really just happy to know that Vader shirt exists.

.....And were you interested in purchasing just my t-shirt collection or my entire Star Wars collection, including production toys, artwork, prototypes, etc... ;)

Best of luck!
~Steve

SW52577

Post by SW52577 »

SF415 wrote:You are absolutely right, it is only worth what someone will pay for it. I figure if you want to maximize the exposure and get as much as you can monitarily, either eBay or certain Facebook groups (specializing in Star Wars shirts) are the way to go; test the waters please and if you do not get what you want for them, then hit me up. I'd offer $125.00 for the Vader right now. But I'd suggest do more research and contact Bill McBride, he is the World's Record holder for the largest Darth Vader collection; if he doesn't have this example, I'm positive he'd make a decent offer. I'm really just happy to know that Vader shirt exists.

.....And were you interested in purchasing just my t-shirt collection or my entire Star Wars collection, including production toys, artwork, prototypes, etc... ;)

Best of luck!
~Steve
Yes,I know who Bill is will try and reach out to him.Thanks,see you can't tease me now with offering production toys,etc.I already have a mortgage lol.i would be definitely interested if your getting rid of anything ..I want to solve the origins of these shirts lol..

Mike

SW52577

Post by SW52577 »

SF415 wrote:You are absolutely right, it is only worth what someone will pay for it. I figure if you want to maximize the exposure and get as much as you can monitarily, either eBay or certain Facebook groups (specializing in Star Wars shirts) are the way to go; test the waters please and if you do not get what you want for them, then hit me up. I'd offer $125.00 for the Vader right now. But I'd suggest do more research and contact Bill McBride, he is the World's Record holder for the largest Darth Vader collection; if he doesn't have this example, I'm positive he'd make a decent offer. I'm really just happy to know that Vader shirt exists.

Best of luck!
~Steve

Steve,

Hi,I reached out Bill McBride he said he has seen only a few of them and the Vader was a (unlicensed) pajama top that was sold through some of the catalog stores back then..I also asked about the Yoda waiting to hear back.

Mike

SF415

Post by SF415 »

Pajama top? Cool, the mystery is getting solved....
Thanks for the update, please let me know what he says about the Yoda.

So, are the other two examples I found (Vader and Yoda close-ups) also pajama tops?

Are there other examples (different designs) Bill found?

Thanks,

~Steve