Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
Johnny65

Beware of this seller

Post by Johnny65 »

Hey everyone --

Just a quick heads-up!

Beware of the following seller:

http://shop.ebay.com/1127vintage/m.html ... &_osacat=0

I recognize this seller from Texas. This is like their third or fourth eBay account in the last 8-12 months. Their past negative feedback has been so bad that eBay suspends their account and they just start a new one. As of this post the seller has (0) feedback, but their past accounts have had HORRIBLE negative feedback.

The tees are legit and some pretty hard-to-find, but bid at your own risk!

Just sayin'.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Beware of this seller - 1127vintage

Post by jimmyj »

YES! But NO, not all the t-shirts are legit. Leopards never change their spots. Aside from misrepresenting the condition of his items there's always a number of fakes fused in each batch.

I was watching that guy for a year and lost track of his current account. I can tell because he's always located in Texas and always uses the same large text and underline style to list his goods. He actually not very bright in this respect.

But somehow he actually ripped me off twice (once from two different accounts.) The first purchase I got burned with was a Breakin' 2 t-shirt. Fool me once. :(

Remember this post?

http://www.defunkd.com/vintage-t-shirts ... ot-a-fake/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was inspired by one of his items. Fake Humpty shirt #2 was his and the second shirt I got burned with. He printed it himself using the methods in the post.

The story gets worse. I do have an excuse on the second purchase, because the account he was using was clean and had tons of good feedback. Well, it was a relatives of his who he conned in to allowing him to post under. I called the account owner to complain about the shirt and the fact I was unable to get a refund through Paypal because of the overwhelming fraud. Turns out he ruined her otherwise good eBay business that she had built up over many years, furthermore she was now thousands of dollars in debt as a result.

His name is Corey and he leaves a wake of destruction in his path, he's not afraid to rip off family, so you can imagine what his customer service practices are like. I amazes me that he's still able to operate on eBay.

He has mostly genuine stuff and lots of true vintage clothes, but you can bet a large percentage of his t-shirts that are light colored are fake, printed on a t-shirt machine. He definitely has access to a rag house where he for sure scores vintage blanks to make his own shirts and increase his income.

They look convincing in pictures, as did the Humpty shirt - there's usually a weird haze around certain shots and close ups are foggy like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/vtg-77-PINK-FLOYD-A ... 0543226059" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Avoid!
Jimmy J

CRAZYBUBBA

Re: Beware of this seller - 1127vintage

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

jimmyj wrote:He has mostly genuine stuff and lots of true vintage clothes, but you can bet a large percentage of his t-shirts that are light colored are fake, printed on a t-shirt machine.
Why are those more suspect than black tees?
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Beware of this seller

Post by jimmyj »

The single t-shirt printing machines work best on white. They aren't like screen prints, the ink is absorbed in to the t-shirt - if the shirt is black the ink isn't visible. Give that guide a read.
Jimmy J

Johnny65

Post by Johnny65 »

It's a bummer situation all around. Sad actually.

Corey is taking advantage of folks that are excited to buy a cool vintage tee and then they never receive it or it's fake.

Glad us aficionados here at the Defunkd forum are hip to his scam.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Here's a good example of one I'm positive is a forgery:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 0544175492

Compare it with a genuine version:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 0544175492

Colors are so washed out - more so because Corey chose to print it on a lightly colored shirt to match the genuine ones. It's even missing the pink halo around the font on the back.

Both have a a subscript copyright date under the right side of the print which 1127vintage opts not to show a close-up of. Why? Because any close-up would reveal the poor resolution of the print.
Jimmy J

Frank

Post by Frank »

I reported a few of his listings, interested to see what happens- probably nada

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

When asked for a close-up of the Newton-John shirt & the subscript the seller replied, "the shirts authentic" and nothing else. More proof and great customer service practices too.
Jimmy J

Johnny65

Post by Johnny65 »

Of course Corey said that! Too funny... :lol:

Thanks Jimmy for the credit in The Forum Informer post today.

Johnny65

Post by Johnny65 »

Just as we predicted. Look at the feedback just a few short weeks of the seller (aka Corey) starting his latest account.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... ckAsSeller" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What a nightmare!! Wish there was a way to ban this guy from eBay forever. :evil: