Talk about anything here.
VintageManiac

Buyers that I refuse to sell to and refund money up front

Post by VintageManiac »

One guy from Malaysia sends me two or three emails asking about an item. It was over a Christmas holiday weekend and he was upset that I had not gotten back to him soon enough.

Then he purchased the shirt before I could reply to him. His international address was not verified on Pay Pal. Then he started emailing to find out of the shirt was shipped. This is after complaining to Jimmy (defunkd) about my lack of speed.

I replied to his email addresse(s) asked him several questions and he wrote back: "Hi there"

Press button to submit FULL REFUND---- CLICK!!

Then this dude from Thailand with "Serious Sin" and "666" in his email address sent like 3 emails wanting to know when I will ship the goods within hours after purchasing it on a Sunday evening.

I actually wear the shirt that sold for $90 with shipping, so that dude can kiss my big wazzoo.

Press button for FULL REFUND---- CLICK!!!

LMFAO

waxandthreads

Re: Buyers that I refuse to sell to and refund money up front

Post by waxandthreads »

Serious Sin is a repeat buyer for us. No problems at all. He's got some cool stuff for sale on the Bay too.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

It's really tough to try to figure out who is an overzealous, honest buyer - and who is a deviously strategic thief. All our sellers have been on guard since one of them made bulk purchases across Defunkd and ripped off a few of our sellers - and got away with it.

I'm sure there's been many honest Malay buyers who have paid the price of the bad apples. But I also don't trust in their postal system, some of the theft happens at that level - so there's an added level of risk.
Jimmy J

VintageManiac

Post by VintageManiac »

[quote="waxandthreads"]Serious Sin is a repeat buyer for us. No problems at all. He's got somecool stuff for sale on the Bay to[quote]

It is a shame, but perhaps the emails he sent right after the purchaese kinda spooked me. On EBay I do not do any international sales due to my having to wait in line to submit the customs form, and the line ay my post office is .... unreal.
Oh well.... :(

maxvintage

Post by maxvintage »

I've got a very large order out to what appears to be a honest Malay buyer/seller. I just shipped it USPS Express and asked that the buyer cover all the shipping costs. It was pricey, but worth it. As of today, the package has cleared customs and is on the way to the buyer. Fingers crossed :)