Ask advice and get tips from expert vintage sellers and buyers.
JackSkull

Vintage Ozzy 1986 UK tour shirt

Post by JackSkull »

Hello there,

I have yet another vintage tee question. This shirt looks entirely legitimate to me, comparing it to other similar shirts from this tour, but have yet to see a UK tour shirt like this. My main concern regarding it is the USA tag on it? I find it a little strange it would have a USA tag considering it being a UK tour shirt? Any of your inputs would be greatly aprleacited it once again! Thank you so much again, Defunkd peeps and collectors.
Attachments
image.jpg (49.48 KiB) Viewed 5062 times

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Vintage Ozzy 1986 UK tour shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Hey J - I wouldn't worry about it. Who knows how tags end up where they do - it could have been a close-out sale a UK company purchased a massive quantity from a US supplier. It may not even be a product of the USA some foreign tags have US artwork. Perhaps the tours main merch company was situated in the US and printed the front only and/or provided the blanks.

It looks good!
Jimmy J

JackSkull

Post by JackSkull »

jimmyj wrote:Hey J - I wouldn't worry about it. Who knows how tags end up where they do - it could have been a close-out sale a UK company purchased a massive quantity from a US supplier. It may not even be a product of the USA some foreign tags have US artwork. Perhaps the tours main merch company was situated in the US and printed the front only and/or provided the blanks.

It looks good!

Interesting. That never really crossed my mind. I just found it a little bizarre at first.Thanks again as always for the feedback, Jimmy! Always appreciated.

Jack

JackSkull

Post by JackSkull »

jimmyj wrote:Hey J - I wouldn't worry about it. Who knows how tags end up where they do - it could have been a close-out sale a UK company purchased a massive quantity from a US supplier. It may not even be a product of the USA some foreign tags have US artwork. Perhaps the tours main merch company was situated in the US and printed the front only and/or provided the blanks.

It looks good!

By the way, Jimmy. About how much would you place a value on a shirt like this? I've seen a few floating around, so I don't suppose it's extremely rare, correct?

Thanks again, man.

J