Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
barrowsi

Rare Ian Dury 1983 T-shirt

Post by barrowsi »

I gather I have a really rare t-shirt. I bought it at a gig in 1984, when I was an undergraduate at Loughborough University, UK. It's hardly been worn, as it has some rude words on it!
Ian Dury and the Music Students "Fuck off Noddy" 1983
Only 150 sold apparently, due to the Enid Blyton copyright catching up with the merchandiser (I read this on an article on Google).
How much do you reckon it's worth?
Ta x

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Rare Ian Dury 1983 T-shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Wow! Can you please upload a photo of it?

announces/photo-policy-how-upload-t206.html

so we can see?
Jimmy J

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Behold, the tee....
Attachments
Ian Dury and the Music Students Tee
Ian Dury and the Music Students Tee
Hand Printed Fifth Column London label
Hand Printed Fifth Column London label
Jimmy J

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Well, I'll shop the images around on social media, and let others chime in. If the story is true about only 150 made - and given it's condition - it's worth a pretty penny.

Also interesting to note - printing the label on the inside - we've always looked for the first instances of this - Bad Otis Link also did it it in the 80s.

I didn't realize that fifth column was still around - and still printing tees.
Jimmy J

SpiderMunn

Post by SpiderMunn »

I was always wondering who started printing the label on the inside first as well, didn't think it went that far back, cool stuff.

barrowsi

Post by barrowsi »

Thank you for your input. I last wore this T-shirt at Glastonbury Festival, in 2008. I wore it to a Blockheads gig, with a tutu and Wellington boots (de rigeur, at Glasonbury). I hope it goes to a good home.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I posted it on instagram - a lot of people impressed. Only one chimed in with a value of $300 (at least.) If it's true there were only 150 printed, I think it's worth much more to the right buyer. I'd post it with a high price tag with offers and see what's out there.

There's blockheads tees now on eBay for $750. I'd double or triple that with offers.
Jimmy J