Hawaiian, western, rockabilly or any other torso topper.
wesweatyoushop

Red Wing sweater

Post by wesweatyoushop »

hello,

If anyone knows the year and perhaps value of this Red Wing sweater Still a noob when it comes to the vintage tshirt/clothing game, but the triggers on this sweater for me:

- made in usa
- 50/50
- "fit" of the sweater seems a bit old skool

regards and happy hunting

TimeForMemories

Re: Red Wing sweater

Post by TimeForMemories »

My guess on this one would be late 80s to early 90s. The RN is for the brand "Signal Sports". Also FYI, it's a crewneck sweatshirt, not a sweater. I usually get $30-$35 for this type of sports team sweatshirt. You may be able to squeeze $40-$45 out of it if it's in nice condition and you're willing to wait a while for the right buyer. It is the Red Wings which has a bigger fan base and Michiganders are more likely to want a sweatshirt with their long winters. :)

Use keywords like: crewneck, sweatshirt, motown, hockeytown, detroit, Michigan, Red Wings, and even throw "hip hop" in there cuz a lot of hip hop artists are wearing stuff like this.

wesweatyoushop

Post by wesweatyoushop »

@TimeForMemories, really appreciate the education thank you

Living on the other side of the pool (in Europe, Amsterdam, the Netherlands) "Crewneck sweatshirt" is a word I never used ;). I hope I can get around 30 euros.

I also appreciate the keywords suggestion especially when I could sell on ebay. But I am only putting items on ebay if I think I can get more then $100. Due to shipping costs from europe to US (around 25 euros) and I like to list my items with free shipping.

Oh and how did you know "RN is for the brand "Signal Sports"? Is there any RN database we could search?

Regards

TimeForMemories

Post by TimeForMemories »

No problem! :) I figured calling it a sweater was the usage for wherever you are located. In the US, it's called a sweatshirt and this particular style is a crewneck.

You'd probably get less for it on eBay, too. I sell most of my vintage stuff on Etsy and/or here on Defunkd. eBay is pretty oversaturated with stuff and I've found things sell for less on there than on Etsy and Defunkd.

As far as the RN, I just did a Google search of "RN 46831" from your tag pic and saw in the results that Signal Sports was in several of them and that makes sense with your shirt. :)