Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
otherbob

My friend's t-shirts from mid 80s -> early 90s

Post by otherbob »

I told my friend about my t-shirts so he went through his surviving t-shirts from the mid / late 80s and the early 90s.

1) Bought this at a COC show in about 1984. Tag is missing, he probably ripped it out.
2) Probably bought this at a show in 1986. Tag is missing, he probably ripped it out. Collar and sleeves are cut off.
3) Original condition, not worn too much.
4) Ramones shirt, got it from a friend that worked for the Ramones. Shirt has been worn a lot, sleeves did not fade the same as the body of the shirt.
5) Ramones shirt, got it from a friend that worked for the Ramones. Not worn so much because the body halves are twisted from manufacture and it fits funny.
6) Valentine Killers, got this from a friend in the band, mid 90s.
7) Venom, mid 80s, not a concert shirt, worn through high school, sleeves cut off and tag ripped out.
8) Venom, mid 80s, not a concert shirt, worn through high school, sleeves cut off and tag ripped out. This one is super thin / see through now.
9) Old Saturday Night Fever shirt found at a thrift store in the 80s and worn all through high school. No tag, very thin. (you can see the couch through the shirt in this picture)
10) Melvins / Soundgarden "f**k" shirt from the late 80s, forgot to get a picture of it, I'll get one later.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: My friend's t-shirts from mid 80s -> early 90s

Post by jimmyj »

Wow you keep digging up some real gems.
Jimmy J