Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
hokeypix

four vintage tees - van, RKO Tapes, hot air balloons

Post by hokeypix »

four vintage tees - van, RKO Tapes, hot air balloons
Would appreciate any thoughts on value on these four vintage t-shirts. None are labeled. All (except maybe the Asian one, which I can't translate) seem very vintage (very soft, very thin - 70s?).

Van
RKO Tapes ringer
hot air balloons
Asian musical instrument

Thanks!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: four vintage tees - van, RKO Tapes, hot air balloons

Post by jimmyj »

Might have some value in RKO Tape if its the VHS tape - maybe some cult movie fan will have interest.

Balloons not much.

Van you might get a bite but not for much.

And asian one - youd have to ID the instrument and what it says. But I doubt very much either.
Jimmy J

hokeypix

Post by hokeypix »

Thanks, JJ!

hokeypix

Post by hokeypix »

hi - I found out what the green Asian tee says and ID'ed the instruments it depicts:

The instruments are called Shamisen (Japanese traditional instruments).

The text says
Odorou! (or perhaps Odoru?), i.e.
Let’s dance!

There's no tag, but the tee is super soft and thin. Def. not a recent one, but vintage. I love the silkscreening of the two different elements/colors, almost Warhol-esque.

I assume this will be impossible to help price unless one is familiar with it, but any feedback most appreciated!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

thanks for the update- good sleuthing but stumped as to value.
Jimmy J

hokeypix

Post by hokeypix »

ah well...thanks JJ. I figure it could have a niche market, but someone wants to buy it outright so I don't have the option to auction it and not sure where else to search. (I already tried Google, ebay, worthpoint, and etsy...am I leaving anything out? In fact, that's a question I'd love to post anew here, if that's OK - besides defunkd (my fave), where else do folks go to research t-shirt values/dates/etc.?

Will start a new thread....