Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
marinerx

A Vintage Nike T-shirt Holy Grail?

Post by marinerx »

Hello,
I bought this t-shirt at a thrift store in Wisconsin, USA about 20 years ago. Have never worn it. It is an old school color heather t-shirt. Has the Nike Sportsware logo with an orange swoosh on it but printed in a mesh like pattern. I couldn't find any info on this mesh style logo. The odd thing is that the N in Nike does not tuck into the swoosh as it is shown in other sites. It is lightweight and a size XL but more of a snug medium. Is it girls or a kids t-shirt? The logo on the chest has dark navy blue outline, and the sleeves are the best part- they have old school leather sneakers on each side. I don't know the kind of style of high tops that they are, but im assuming they are basketball. I've kept it for so long because it makes me laugh a little when I see those old school sneakers on the sleeves. Notice how they lace up all the way to the top, and how the laces are undone, funny to me. Its a really cool t-shirt to me. Maybe someone else knows more about this item and can help date it. I've looked online and can't find any info on it. I've never washed it, its always been in a dresser. Now I have it a plastic bag. How much is it worth?
nike2b.jpg (148.89 KiB) Viewed 6074 times
nike5.jpg (194.34 KiB) Viewed 6074 times
nike3.jpg (177.38 KiB) Viewed 6074 times
nike6.jpg (150.14 KiB) Viewed 6074 times
one
one
nike4.jpg (221.09 KiB) Viewed 6074 times

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: A Vintage Nike T-shirt Holy Grail?

Post by jimmyj »

That's a wicked tee. Weird that it's so small. I can see it being a women's or kids tee with the cutesy little sneakers. With XL and 46 chest..should be a 23" pit to pit. How big is it? Maybe the wrong size tag was put on the shirt.

As for the mesh, check out wicked threadz write-up...they have the very same one shown:

http://blog.wickedthreadz.com/?p=42" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jimmy J

marinerx

Post by marinerx »

the measurments are 19" from armpit to armpit and 24" in height

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Yeah that's odd - I have found stuff that's labeled XL 46 usually shrinks to about 21....and 24 (rear collar to bottom) can't possibly be an XL 46. Can it Chase?
Jimmy J

marinerx

Post by marinerx »

dont forget it is an old school heather, which is very stretchable, that may explain the reason its a bit smaller.

nicotine

Post by nicotine »

nice tee. i love old nike tee. and i think you can buy that kinda one here(i mean japan) for about $70-100.