Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
smileygirl

Super Bowl of Rock 1982

Post by smileygirl »

Hi guys, I have a shirt that needs a new loving home but I need help to not over or under value it on ebay. It's from the 1982 Super Bowl of Rock featuring ozzy, larue, loverboy, and foreigner. It's in remarkably good shape after being stuffed under my boyfriends water heater where I found it (gasp! Score! At the same time). I've had it for at least 10 years since then. I haven't seen anything else with this many bands in my searching. Help please and thanks for any replies, advice! I will have to upload photos tomorrow from my desktop cos I can't get the pixel ratio right on my iPad.
Attachments
Super Bowl of Rock 1982
Super Bowl of Rock 1982

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Super Bowl of Rock 1982

Post by jimmyj »

Cool tee! I would start it at $50ish. If that's pink on the arms, might be a turnoff for some male bidders.

The line-up isn't super awesome to any one genre - like it isn't metal specific. And doesn't look like there's a huge following for Super Bowl of Rock tees - check eBay past listings - there's 70s ones selling for $19. Having said that - I wouldn't waste precious title space putting super bowl of rock - cram it with the band names.

A cool thing the t-shirt has going for it is that skull on the back - that was used in a lot of sought after Harley tees - so you could sneak the words "Harley" Skull in the title.
Jimmy J