Ask advice and get tips from expert vintage sellers and buyers.
chasemac

Re: Vintage Sources

Post by chasemac »

Hermosa, dude if you are in the new york area there is a warehouse that'll let you pick, but you gotta be willing to spend some dough. Row Clothing is what I have known them as, and you may find out through the game that they are spread out all over. Different ports mainly. I know they have spots in Miami, they had a spot in Dallas, New Jersey, Baltimore, and maybe New York now. They are one whole co-op ran through Whitehouse & Schapiro I believe, doesn't really matter to me, but A lot of the Japanese buyers fly in to Baltimore every week and make a fucking fortune. If you can get in with the right people they will hook you up. Obviously it's always tough because a lot of graders don't have time for cherry pickers, but I'd look into it. If you do, do tell us of your experience.

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

Chase, you just blew my mind. About 30% of our mixed rags come from Shapiro-Row :P

It seems like everyone, world over, knows them.
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

chasemac

Post by chasemac »

Crazy Bubba. I hope I blew your mind in a good way. Did you know Direct TV hates puppies. Sorry, that was random. But yeah man, I've done my due diligence I think. That's why this forum is insane. Truly insane. It's going to allow every one of us to share and tap into new markets. We take what we know and allows us to learn more because when it comes down to it, nobody knows everything. I feel by sharing this kind of information it'll help us all in the end. I mean, there are endless amounts of t-shirts in this world so why would anyone ever try to hide this information. Granted it doesn't go outside of a forum like this because the only reason we are here is because we live and breath the shit, but really t-shirts will still be produced in 3009. In the end, nothing is a secret if you do your work. It's all right in front of us, ya dig?

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

Thanks for the tips chasemac. I'll be in Miami for the holidays this year so I will see if can go check out there operation over there.

chasemac

Post by chasemac »

If that's the case check out DIS Vintage as well. Probably $1,000 minimum, but they got some goodies. Anything out you're way my man?

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

DIS vintage. I'll call them up see if there still around, looks like they forgot to pay their hosting bill on their website. Are you located in Miami Chasemac?

chasemac

Post by chasemac »

I am in Kansas City, the heart of America, which could be a curse or a blessing in the vintage world, but I try to keep a positive spin on everything.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Did you guys call any of those places?
I wish we could all chip in and buy in larger bulk to save money. If we combined our buying power, we cld have more agency in setting our own prices, comrades.

someday we need to have a nerd convention and meet somewhere. It's super cheap to fly in to Vegas or Phoenix. The surrounding thrift stores won't stand a chance. :D

VP's

Post by VP's »

I am down for combining forces. Or better yet we brand our vintage t shirt passion and have runway shows with HOT models wearing vintage tees. We can have auctions and set the price that way. Lets treat tees as works of arts. Anyone down for exploring these possibities with me? Lets get a lockdown on all factories in US. Lets keep the Japanese out!!!! What are your thoughts?
Mike
VintagePimps

Frank

Post by Frank »