Ask advice and get tips from expert vintage sellers and buyers.
ShirtSounds

Re: So, what should I do if a package doesn't arrive?

Post by ShirtSounds »

One of the guys at the Post Office said this, too, about international mail. He said as long as it's pre-paid it can go into the mailbox. Perhaps by stamped, they mean not weighed/measured. He said the only issue would be if the postman hasn't seen a self-printed international envelope, he might not be aware he can take it. Fortunately, I live an in an area with a lot of international students, so it's not an issue.

As for the buyer from Argentina... I offered him a refund, but he's still holding out hope that the shirts arrive. Very patient guy.

RyanB

Post by RyanB »

I am dealing with this dilemma right now. Only with a guitar pedal instead of a t-shirt. This guy from Indonesia took FOORRRREVEERRRR to pay. I had to open an unpaid item case and he ended up paying the day before I could close it and cancel the transaction. Shipped it earlier this month and he's already asking me why it's not there yet. He has no negative feedback so hopefully he's not a scammer and it will arrive soon. I've purchased stuff from that side of the world before and it can take quite a while sometimes.

maxvintage

Post by maxvintage »

Best just to be patient. I've gotten to where I always ship express usps now though. That way I can always check the tracking and there can't be any discrepancies on whether it's there or not.

RyanB

Post by RyanB »

So I told the guy it's probably just taking a while and sure enough just out of the blue he leaves me a positive feedback.

I changed the international shipping to express but now all the international bidders piss and moan about the prices, so I explain to them that I can't track it with the cheaper shipping and that I will ship priority but if something happens I can't do anything about it. :roll:

maxvintage

Post by maxvintage »

Glad to hear the good news.

Yeah, the higher priced shipping stinks, but it's about all that you can do to guarantee that stuff gets there.