Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
TimeForMemories

Nirvana Bootleg? MTV Unplugged in NY

Post by TimeForMemories »

Picked up this Nirvana tee yesterday. Seems to be a bootleg - maybe iron-on? I'm not sure. If you look closely, you can see a very slightly off white area around "in New York" and around the front photo and "MTV Unplugged" together. Thought there could still be value either way, though. It is an older (90s) Hanes Beefy-T tee since it was made in USA. Measures 21" pit to pit and 27.5" long. Has a few small dot stains, a little more very faint staining, and wear to the graphics. What would be the value on something like this?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Nirvana Bootleg? MTV Unplugged in NY

Post by jimmyj »

Are you on eBay too? Now seems like a good time as any to auction it. Nirvana seems to be going for a premiun these days. But it does look like a heat transfer...but the back is pretty unique.
Jimmy J

TimeForMemories

Yeah, I am on eBay. I saw the similar graphic ones of this without "MTV" going for a lot. I'll auction it on there. Do you think I should start it at a certain price? And should I tag it as "bootleg" or just as a "heat transfer"? I'm assuming a heat transfer would be bootlegged, right?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Do u always put every tee on both? Could try is as fixed price too with offers....I just think eBay is prob. a better place for nirvana right now. And yeah make sure people know its a heat transfer in the description.
Jimmy J

TimeForMemories

For the most part I only put my stuff on Etsy and on here. I try to use eBay as little as possible because I quite despise it, but I do still put some stuff on there.

I'll put this one as an auction on eBay only. But was just wondering what you would normally start something like this at. Do you usually start it at $0.99 or something low like that knowing (and/or hoping) enough people will see it to bid it up, or do you start it at like $49.99 just incase not enough potential buyers see it?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Yeah start it higher just in case. You'll definitely get more eyes from the right buyers for a nirvana tee but Im a little weary if the transfer will turn a lot off.
Jimmy J

TimeForMemories

Awesome. Thanks again, Jimmy!