Ask advice and get tips from expert vintage sellers and buyers.
broja

Auction or Buy It Now?

Post by broja »

I just picked up a lot of 130 70s and 80s T-Shirts and not sure how to list them. I've had a store for the last couple years and this stills puzzles me...do I put them in as an Auction...or do I list them as a Buy It Now store item? Any insight, tips, ideas?

suncityvtg

Re: Auction or Buy It Now?

Post by suncityvtg »

Hello broja,
What has worked best for you in the past? I have been selling on ebay since 2004 but just recently started selling vintage t-shirts. I sell most of them auction style and make a pretty good profit. But it's really up to you, try doing half and half and see what works best for you. Let us know how it goes.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

List the really sought after ones as auctions to help bring in traffic to the store and fixed price items.
Jimmy J

broja

Post by broja »

Thanks for the help guys...I'm trying the half and half thing right now...we'll see how that goes...I'll also start doing the sought after items as auctions...that's basically all I need...just a lot of traffic and hopefully someone will purchase something. When you were selling Jimmy did you have a lot of repeat customers? How'd you keep them coming back? Anymore tips? ...Wish me luck...

**CASEY**

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Check these threads:

ebay-advice-f18/ebay-vintage-tee-selling-tips-t115.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ebay-advice-f18/packaging-for-shipping-t16.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jimmy J

broja

Post by broja »

Thanks for more great tips...got a few shirts sold already...we'll see if it keeps going this way!

**CASEY**