Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
retrorevolve

70s Sparkly Let's Be Friends Jersey

Post by retrorevolve »

Hello,

I came across this 70s/80s yellow jersey shirt with a sparkly kitty & mouse Iron-on that says "Let's be friends" by Gulf Coast Sportswear. The sleeve is single stitch. There is a nickname or name at the top in velvet that says "Hackie". This item looks to be new and never worn/washed with minimal storage wear too. There is only one tiny orange spot and a size stamp at the bottom. Were these size stamps normal? I wonder if they wash out.. I would appreciate any help in appraising this interesting shirt.
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: 70s Sparkly Let's Be Friends Jersey

Post by jimmyj »

Fun one! But doesn't have substantial value, for one, heat transfer prints aren't typically valuable. It's also pretty small, once washed it will shrink even more. That said, it would probably be a woman wearing it - so that's okay. The lettering is a nice addition to ramp up its value to someone with some funky fashion sense. As is what appears to be extra length on it? What's the length in inches?

As for the S, I vaguely remember seeing this in the past. My guess is that it was assumed these would be tucked into a pair of baseball pants and that size stamp would be hidden.

Anywho, cute, likely be of interest to a thrift shopping funky dressing lady - who would pay $10 for it - or a shopper in a curated vintage store who would pay $35.

Thanks for sharing
Jimmy J

retrorevolve

Post by retrorevolve »

Thanks for the response! The length from the high shoulder is 28 1/2, I thought it was meant to be tucked in as well.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Yeah, that's a lot of additional length for a small from that era. But also works well as a sleep shirt.

Good luck!
Jimmy J

retrorevolve

Post by retrorevolve »

Very true, thanks!