Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
mrs_stout

Vintage Sportswear Plus "The Regents" Doo Wop

Post by mrs_stout »

T-Shirt
T-Shirt
defunkd_regents.jpg (104.97 KiB) Viewed 3053 times
Label
Label
defunkd_regents02.jpg (88.02 KiB) Viewed 3053 times
I recent picked up this t-shirt and I did some research and it seems that The Regents were a doo-wop group, but there were 5 of them. This shirt has 3 guys and I'm wondering if the tee is from some reunion gig. Help with the era (70s/80s?) and possible value.

Thanks!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Vintage Sportswear Plus "The Regents" Doo Wop

Post by jimmyj »

Great addition tag wise - a Sportswear tag I have never seen - but it follows the same typeface as some 80s Sportswear tags.

Can you track down the guys who are named on the front? Do they coincide with those listed on Wiki? Maybe some of them passed away by the 80s and these were the surviving members.
Jimmy J

mrs_stout

Re: Vintage Sportswear Plus "The Regents" Doo Wop

Post by mrs_stout »

Actually, one the guys on the t-shirt -- Guy Villari -- has a website and it appears that the group re-formed for a period in 1973 with Guy as the only original member. The Wiki is based of his website. I think I'm going to shoot him an email to ask about the other two guys and see if I can't nail down the time period.