Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
DRScientist

Nirvana 93 In Utero Poor Condition, Cutoff Sleeves

Post by DRScientist »

Hi all,

I have a 93 Nirvana In Utero shirt with the sleeves cut off and some staining on the back. What is this shirt worth in its condition?

Thanks!
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Nirvana 93 In Utero Poor Condition, Cutoff Sleeves

Post by jimmyj »

hmmmmm. value takes a huge hit with the sleeves cut. stain dont help. Gotta wait for the right buyer. Delta tagged...could be a 2000 era reissue too.
Jimmy J

DRScientist

Post by DRScientist »

Thanks for the reply Jimmy. I figured the value would drop pretty drastically due to its condition. Is there a way to tell an original from a reissue? It's my husbands old shirt, he's been a Nirvana fan since the 90's but doesn't remember when he bought it.

Thank you so much!

cokenner

Post by cokenner »

I would say it is most definitely a reissue.
Here's some selling on eBay with the same tag.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I'm stumped with Delta - they say they've been around since the turn of the century - but can't find any info as to that tag or design. Always assumed it was a product of 2000+ by the shirts I've stumbled across. We printed some of our movie spoof tees on Delta tees back in 2005 - looked like that tag - but perhaps it emerged in the 90s? Can't say for sure, sorry. But one thing's for sure, it's not a tag that's currently sought after by collectors.
Jimmy J

DRScientist

Post by DRScientist »

Bummer, but not surprised. Thanks for the info!

FiftyFiftyMan

Post by FiftyFiftyMan »

Delta tags date to the early-mid 90's. This is from an early/mid-90's (probably pre-NAFTA) shirt I own. Notice the "made in USA" tag...

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8658/160 ... b2c4_b.jpg

Check your tag. If it says USA made, and is not paper...or shiny & smooth to touch(i.e. Gildan :evil: ), it may very well be from that period. The tag shown above is high quality, with a rough texture. Not sure when Delta started making their shirts overseas...likely mid-late 90's. Or they may have had concurrent tags for a while before all their manufacturing was shipped out of the US.