Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
DoobieMcJoints

Taco Bell Operation Paradise 1987 Sweatshirt

Post by DoobieMcJoints »

So I can't find any info on what Taco Bell's 1987 'Operation Paradise" was. In fact, I don't see any Taco Bell clothing sold on ebay predating their chihuahua "Yo Quiero Taco Bell" ad campaign.

Might be a collector's item.

What do you think it's worth?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Taco Bell Operation Paradise 1987 Sweatshirt

Post by jimmyj »

sorry dont think there is much value here.
Jimmy J

DoobieMcJoints

Post by DoobieMcJoints »

jimmyj wrote:sorry dont think there is much value here.
No explanation, just "no value"?

I bet if it was a vintage Tim Hortons sweatshirt you be singing a different tune :lol:

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Sweats can be a tougher sell. Might get some bites because of the surfing scene. But dont think theres taco bell collectors waiting for obscure sweatshirts. ha tim Hortons sux!
Jimmy J

DoobieMcJoints

Post by DoobieMcJoints »

No, I definitely feel you on that. There's this kind of weird 'Vapor wave' scene going on here in the states that this item falls into. Hard to understand but they love taco bell and weird windows '95 graphics and shit.

I've already gotten two offers for $60. We'll see. I just figured that the actual lack of Taco Bell products, especially from 26 years ago might make this unique item worth a few bucks.

Thanks jimmyj!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

vaporwave! Just googled it - wow - learn something new everyday. I'm old! On eBay seems to be a keyword used in association with Coogi sweaters. Do they fit in that style? Is it worth adding that keyword to my coogis? I just got a stack of them in.

Kinda reminds me of "nurave" which seems to exist for a flash in time recently.

Where is yours listed I can't find it.
Jimmy J