Help build a resource for vintage t-shirt brands by discussing and posting photos of old labels.
glenjohnson44

Re: Anyone heard of Velva Sheen?

Post by glenjohnson44 »

I also learned that Velva Sheen was bought out by Brazos in 1994, despite their predictions of 10% annual growth in the previous article. Brazos also bought up another vintage favorite,

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

glenjohnson44 wrote:Brazos also bought up another vintage favorite,
I've never heard of Brazos! :( What other VTG fave did they buy?
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

mrs_stout

Post by mrs_stout »

Frank wrote:I love Velva Sheen!

Here's an interesting article I found on Google Books:
http://books.google.com/books?id=WR8DAA ... ti&f=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also learned that Velva Sheen was bought out by Brazos in 1994, despite their predictions of 10% annual growth in the previous article. Brazos also bought up another vintage favorite, Gulf Coast Sportswear in the 90s. Brazos filed Chapter 11 in 1999.

Gotta love the internet! There is some anthropology and sociology to this vintage business, no?
Funny you mention that! My husband asked me recently how I can about t-shirts with no date and explained how most t-shirts were mostly made in the US until the very early 90s and how the change of "made in [insert country here]" on the labels coincided with NAFTA.

I also went into stitching and fit, but he was fascinated how t-shirts had 6 degrees of separation from politics.

blancobros

Post by blancobros »

mrs_stout wrote:
Funny you mention that! My husband asked me recently how I can about t-shirts with no date and explained how most t-shirts were mostly made in the US until the very early 90s and how the change of "made in [insert country here]" on the labels coincided with NAFTA.

I also went into stitching and fit, but he was fascinated how t-shirts had 6 degrees of separation from politics.
That's so true.

Igotvintage

Post by Igotvintage »

I find military tees by them sometimes. no mickeys yet. i seen the yellow tag and that white one.