Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: whats this?

Post by jimmyj »

here ya go!

random-f7/how-post-pictures-permanently ... -t184.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jimmy J

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/101st_Airborne_Division" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jimmy J

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

RickyKz's response:

Looks like a repro to me. Sleeves are pretty long for a 40's shirt and it's just in too good of condition. Not saying you couldn't find a mint military shirt from the 40's but there's usually some sign of age. Plus I've never seen that label and that stencil is odd...why would they have a label and a stencil for size? I vote repro.
Jimmy J

nicotine

Post by nicotine »

jimmyj wrote:RickyKz's response:

Looks like a repro to me. Sleeves are pretty long for a 40's shirt and it's just in too good of condition. Not saying you couldn't find a mint military shirt from the 40's but there's usually some sign of age. Plus I've never seen that label and that stencil is odd...why would they have a label and a stencil for size? I vote repro.
thanks jimmy.
i already looked wiki and got to know camp breckinridge is oldest one.

yeah sleeves are very long for this age. i agree with him this point.
i still dunno about stencil. but as to label, what did he mean with "why would they have a label"? if he says vintage(40's 50's) military shirt cant have brand label, that sounds odd. i know some vintage military t-shirt bearing brand tag. say...velva
sheen's vintage military ones do have its brand tag.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

His point is that why would they have a tag and a stencil? Usually it's one or the other - and he's seen hundreds of old army tees and not familiar with this brand.

You mentioned there is more vintage in Japan? Perhaps the largest percentage of the world's collectors are in Japan but how could there be more American based vintage there? There's still way more undiscovered vintage in North American than there is in Japan and we also have a lot of collectors too. My point is that you finding this shirt in Japan, where vintage is sought after, for $7...in mint condition...kinda indicates a replica.

Do you have used clothing mills in Japan where you can buy it by the pound?

What book did you get this photo from?

Thanks
Attachments
whats this?
book.jpg (147.16 KiB) Viewed 7866 times
Jimmy J

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

For what matters there's more "vintage" in chatachuk market anyone could credibly accumulate through years of purchasing.
I'm sure that if you add the real+ licensed repros that are made exclusively for Japan+fakes they've got more than us.
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

For sure but the majority of it originates from the second hand clothing infrastructure in North America. All the textile mills I used to go to exported to Thailand, Malaysia etc.
Jimmy J

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

For sure.
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

nicotine

Post by nicotine »

umm...if my states offended you guys, i apologize for it.

and finally i got answer from japanese vintage magazine publisher that released the book.
its repro one surely. have you ever heard of real mckoys? its one of the most famous
repro brands of military stuff. mine is its repro one.

and according to him, this brand(american athletic co) used to exist. and this brand is called the rarest brand among vintage military collectors.

mine is repro one but the brand is authentic. what they confirmed as this brand's military design is the one of the t-shirt introduced in the magazine.

thanks.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

no one is offended! you didn't say anything offensive.

cool - good to know, thanks!

what is the name of that book? I want to see what else they have in it.
Jimmy J