Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
vulturevtg

Re: Case Study: Harley Davidson Champion Shirt

Post by vulturevtg »

I have bought repro jeans, souvenir jackets from "crazzyfreddy" in the past and he has delivered... he's a good seller - but you definitely need to know what your buying, his negatives come from people assuming and not knowing their stuff and/or reading carefully - if it seems too good to be true... it probably is - CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I disagree - he's not a "good seller." :x

Yes he peddles true garments too, but I don't think doing any business with vintage terrorists is a good idea. It was only recently that Fred started listing the shirts as reproductions - and the prices he's getting are based on misleading bidders. You should not have to read carefully to find out an item isn't actually vintage - it shouldn't be listed as vintage and it should have REPRO in the TITLE. Bidders are assuming he's selling vintage because of the other items in his store and his past transactions.

Shysters like these guys can't be trusted. They're hurting the vintage market - why support them? We've been digging around about them, it's not just fake t-shirts they are selling - so if you've got an embroidered souvenir/tour/car jacket that you thought was vintage - think again.

More details on this to follow.
Jimmy J

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Jimmy J

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

How expensive could it be to buy an sewing machine that does proper overlock stitching?
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

They are pretty standard these days and not that expensive - when we were doing DIY for women my seamstress had one. Whom ever is creating these (we've been told it's a Japanese guy in Thailand) I'm sure he has a full-on production line.
Jimmy J

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

I have a Thai customer (distributor) who makes the t-shirts himself(buys the poly cotton cloth and then stitches the shirts to match screenstars, etc), he makes his own tags and he can do multicolor prints. These other guys get lazy and skip one of the steps along the way.
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

Sounds like a lucrative trade. That shirt posted above with disclaimers and all sold for $88. Unbelievable!

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

He thinks it's okay because he puts "repro" in the listing. These bidders are just as dumb - we can't blame this on a language barrier - he only ships to the US. Are they just not reading it and assuming it's vintage? Or are they actually OK with it being a bootleg? I mean it is pretty clear in the listing - in bold red letters. If he was a real man he would put it in the listing title and remove "vintage".

I'm reporting it to eBay again now.
Jimmy J

Johnny65

Post by Johnny65 »