Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
JackAsap

Re: Kurt cobain memorial

Post by JackAsap »

jimmyj wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:40 pm instagram.com/p/Catb8S2ho75/

check that out, but what's the name on the other IG account? potencyoffcial_ I'm trying and getting no page.
This is it right here
Attachments
Kurt cobain memorial

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

awesome cheers
Jimmy J

zargosh

Post by zargosh »

JackAsap wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:13 pm Just checked out that guys insta, kinda insane how they can replicate it that closely even with the tag.
Are they really replicating these with faked tags? I always assumed sites/people doing repros like this are just putting up a shot of an original with the original tag, but when you order it you'd get it with whatever tag from the blank they're printing it on.

If anybody has ever ordered something like this, I'm curious to know what the tag situation is like on the delivered shirt.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Yessir, counterfeit tags are a big thing. The authenticity quiz we did - the tags were all ones we had ordered from that company on IG I linked in this thread. Ordered them for research purposes while prepping for Legiteem8.
Jimmy J

colin

Post by colin »

jimmyj wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:46 pm Yessir, counterfeit tags are a big thing. The authenticity quiz we did - the tags were all ones we had ordered from that company on IG I linked in this thread. Ordered them for research purposes while prepping for Legiteem8.
Thank you for fixing my inability to type, LOL! :X
zargosh wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:19 pm
JackAsap wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:13 pm Just checked out that guys insta, kinda insane how they can replicate it that closely even with the tag.
Are they really replicating these with faked tags? I always assumed sites/people doing repros like this are just putting up a shot of an original with the original tag, but when you order it you'd get it with whatever tag from the blank they're printing it on.

If anybody has ever ordered something like this, I'm curious to know what the tag situation is like on the delivered shirt.
I have a gray HSB from them. I cannot bring myself to pay $2000.00++ for that damn shirt. Just my own personal opinion, though. There are people out there that love them. As for the tags, and the shirts, they do a pretty decent job. But once again, another opinion. :D

zargosh

Post by zargosh »

Ha, I hear that, man! I have a junk food Genesis shirt that I found thrifting that I really love. I wear it all the time. Turns out junk food is a subsidiary of Delta, so I guess that's why they have access to all those prints.

What are they doing with the reverses on the faked tags? Are they printing up all the care info too, or just the fronts?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Good Q! My partner has them all at his place, going to investigate. For our app, there's a spot for both the front and the back of the tag while you're uploading photos.
Jimmy J