Ask advice and get tips from expert vintage sellers and buyers.
jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: All right, I need some advice on how to maximize my profits.

Post by jimmyj »

At defunkd you're given 7 free photos! SHAMLESS PLUG. I think I might up it to 8 though - found while listing I could have used one more a few times.
Jimmy J

ShirtSounds

Post by ShirtSounds »

So, since I like Defunkd a lot and want to help it grow, if I do list the same shirts on Etsy (to reach more people through searching right on the site), it's better to have the shirts listed cheaper on Defunkd, right?

oscar

Post by oscar »

I would and do, when possible. I had a chick ask if I could reserve a shirt for her until she can afford it. (common thing on etsy) Which I did, but I also sent her a link to the listing here and told her she can get it 20% cheaper on defunkd.

ShirtSounds

Post by ShirtSounds »

Oh, one more Etsy question... does Etsy link up to your Paypal account like E Bay does? Or can you pick how you pay them for the percentages and listing fees?

oscar

Post by oscar »

It's all linked up to paypal. There's probably some credit card option too, but I'm not sure since I don't think anyone would ever give me a card.

ShirtSounds

Post by ShirtSounds »

Hey guys, I just sold my first shirt via Etsy. It was that green 1985 Shark Fishing Tournament shirt that I also had listed here. That was my only shirt listed there, as I was just testing it out. I'll probably throw some more up tomorrow, as it's always encouraging to sell an item.

So, yeah, I tripled what I would have made if I would have stuck it up on E Bay for a low starting price. Grand total in fees was 59 cents, I paid under a buck for the shirt (that's okay to divulge, right? I mean if a lot of us are picking thrift stores, that's kind of a given, right?), and sold it for $11.00. Not bad. Now, I just have to get back to finding some old concert shirts, as I haven't picked one up for a couple weeks now, sans a mid-90s AC/DC shirt.

Thanks again for the all of the advice.

ShirtSounds

Post by ShirtSounds »

Here is my Twitter handle if anyone ants to add.

https://twitter.com/#!/shirtsounds

So, now that I am comfortable selling in the storefront setting, what are some good ways to promote yourself online? I have my Twitter linked to my Facebook already.

mondomover

Post by mondomover »

Hi There,

So I just found defunkd last night, what a great website. I sold my first vintage shirt to someone in Malaysia. Any tips on the best way to ship it there? Should I always pay for a tracking number?

Thanks,
Mondomover

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Welcome! Strangely after selling 4k tees I don't remember shipping to Malaysia. A few sellers have reported problems with shipping there...so might be wise to have tracking.
Jimmy J

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

I'm still waiting for my vtg t-shirt to arrive from Malaysia :(
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!