Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Vintage HANES Woodstock shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Good work Max, you've solved the mystery by god! :D

Interesting about the front - peace - that it was never shown in the rock tee book - strange they wouldn't have flipped one over.
Jimmy J

Johnny65

Post by Johnny65 »

Way to go Max! :D

Nice to see a front and back photo of the actual red security tee from 1969.
collective [kəˈlɛktɪv]
http://worn75.blogspot.com/

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Woodstock-Gate got pretty tense for a while...but it's water under the bridge now and this will make everyone who tuned in chuckle...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Woodstock-Festi ... 3f0980f7d6

:lol:
Jimmy J

Johnny65

Post by Johnny65 »

Haha!!! Too funny! :lol:
collective [kəˈlɛktɪv]

Michael

Post by Michael »

I have two original (never worn) tees that were given to office staff of one of the financiers. The label matches the one in the pic exactly, does have the tm on the back as well.

Johnny65

Post by Johnny65 »

Michael wrote:I have two original (never worn) tees that were given to office staff of one of the financiers. The label matches the one in the pic exactly, does have the tm on the back as well.
Photos Michael...or it's not real here on the Internetz. :o
collective [kəˈlɛktɪv]

itsiilegal

Post by itsiilegal »

I am Michael's son and the shirts were given to me by a close family friend. They are real. I will post pictures and would love feedback and advice. I also have an original unissued woodstock poster given to me by the same person. Atypical. I am looking for professional appraisal, documentation and confirmation. Pictures and thorough info to follow. Please contact me with any info/questions regarding shirts or posters.

maxvintage

Post by maxvintage »

I'm interested to see the pictures. But, if the tag matches the tag in the previous pictures, that would date the shirts later than 1969. I don't doubt their authenticity, they just appear to have been made after the festival.

I did tons of research into original Woodstock shirts and spoke the curator of the museum at Bethel Woods. The guy has seen every picture and video about Woodstock available. He said he could only verify that the staff shirts pictured here were authentically from the event itself.
Attachments
Vintage Woodstock T-Shirt History, Tags
86203583-photo-of-roadies-and-woodstock-rotating-the-gettyimages.jpg (142.4 KiB) Viewed 11246 times
woodstock-3.JPG (273.88 KiB) Viewed 11246 times
woodstock-1.JPG (269.18 KiB) Viewed 11246 times

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Interesting update to this. Info about color coding of the tees. This comes from a gent whose best friend worked outside security at the filmore east. Most jives with what was previous posted except the green.

"The black was worn by the concert organizers. The actual staff producing the show. The NY police hired wore red and stayed in the green room tent drinking beer in the back stage area. The green were worn by the Filmore staff. They did all the security. The blue were local hires from the area. The yellow I believe were given to the performers, but this is only a guess. Country Joe McDonald was photographed in a yellow one looking over the railing from the bridge. The black were not given out due to their status. Although if you look a the Woodstock film on of the performers is performing in a black jacket. He must have know someone."

I'm sure there was cross over with who got what tee - it was likely pandemonium trying to rally the troops.
Jimmy J

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Here's a tag from a black version. Felco Athletic Wear New York
Attachments
Felco Athletic Wear Tag
Felco Athletic Wear Tag
tag.JPG (23.41 KiB) Viewed 10425 times
Jimmy J