Page 1 of 1

1991 Metallica Damage Inc. Pushead Brockum Tag – Legit Check

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 9:39 am
by tuckerwhitmore93
Looking for opinions on this Metallica Damage Inc. shirt.

Metallica 100% cotton Made in USA tag, size L. Reverse of tag reads ©1991 Metallica, Under License to Brockum, RN 69761. Front graphic has ©1987 Metallica and Pushead signature. Damage Inc. / “Honesty Is My Only Excuse” back graphic. Single stitch.

I purchased it secondhand and recently had someone question its authenticity, so I’d like to verify it before selling it as vintage/original.

Does the tag, print and construction look consistent with an authentic early-90s Brockum example, or are there signs of a modern reproduction/counterfeit?

Thanks for any help.

Re: 1991 Metallica Damage Inc. Pushead Brockum Tag – Legit Check

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 1:43 pm
by jimmyj
Thai counterfeit.

Re: 1991 Metallica Damage Inc. Pushead Brockum Tag – Legit Check

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 8:04 pm
by tuckerwhitmore93
Hey, thanks for taking the time to look at my Metallica shirt! Could you explain what specifically makes you believe it's a counterfeit? Is it the tag, print, copyright, or something else? If you have any photos of an authentic example or known reproduction to compare it with, that would be extremely helpful. I'm trying to understand exactly what I have and learn how to spot these differences in the future. I really appreciate your help!

Re: 1991 Metallica Damage Inc. Pushead Brockum Tag – Legit Check

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 2:24 pm
by jimmyj
The print is low quality in terms of details - the tag is indexed in our fake tag archive, google it!