Early 2000s Nirvana Smiley / Flower Sniffin Tee – Official or Bootleg?
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:36 am
Hi everyone, looking for some opinions on this Nirvana Smiley / Flower Sniffin tee.
It’s on an Allstyle Apparel & Activewear tag, assembled in El Salvador, and appears to be from the early 2000s. Double stitch on the sleeves and hem.
The graphics and overall aging look period-correct to me, but I can’t find any copyright/licensing print anywhere on the shirt. I’ve seen other early 2000s versions with a small copyright below the smiley, so that’s the part making me unsure.
Were there legitimate/official versions of this design from this period without a visible copyright, or would the lack of one point more toward a bootleg?
Any thoughts on the tag, print, or overall construction would be appreciated. Thanks!
It’s on an Allstyle Apparel & Activewear tag, assembled in El Salvador, and appears to be from the early 2000s. Double stitch on the sleeves and hem.
The graphics and overall aging look period-correct to me, but I can’t find any copyright/licensing print anywhere on the shirt. I’ve seen other early 2000s versions with a small copyright below the smiley, so that’s the part making me unsure.
Were there legitimate/official versions of this design from this period without a visible copyright, or would the lack of one point more toward a bootleg?
Any thoughts on the tag, print, or overall construction would be appreciated. Thanks!