Page 1 of 1

We Tame the Tough Ones

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:16 pm
by jimharbaugh60
Not really an authentication but I would like to figure out the origin of this shirt. My great uncle had it and I guess my grandpa had one too. I can’t find any about it online with an image search.
We Tame the Tough Ones
We Tame the Tough Ones
We Tame the Tough Ones

Re: We Tame the Tough Ones

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 10:56 am
by jimmyj
The phrase "We tame the tough ones" is famously part of the slogan "We tame the tough ones and toughen the tame ones," which belonged to the 49th Company, 5th Regiment of the U.S. Marine Corps during World War I.

Google "we tame the tough ones," and you'll even see a photo of someone wearing the shirt - albeit a modern photo.

Did they serve in the military?