Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
Tagsalegirl1

Led Zeppelin shirt

Post by Tagsalegirl1 »

Hi. I know nothing about vintage t shirts. I searched through eBay and other places but I just don't know if this shirt is the real deal and what I maybe able to sell it for . Any help would be great. Thanks
Attachments
Led Zeppelin shirt
Led Zeppelin shirt
Led Zeppelin shirt

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Led Zeppelin shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Hello! It's the real deal in terms of being vintage. But its likely a parking lot bootleg. Is there a photo of the other side? Looks like a duplicate photo was posted instead.
Jimmy J

Tagsalegirl1

Post by Tagsalegirl1 »

Here is the front thanks
Attachments
Led Zeppelin shirt

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Very cool tee. Zep seems to have taken in a hit in value recently. I'd price it high with offers - if it didn't move quickly - likely settle on anything $200+.
Jimmy J

FiftyFiftyMan

Post by FiftyFiftyMan »

Interesting shirt, since Zeppelin broke up in late 1980 following the death of John Bonham and never toured at all in '81. I'm unsure whether this would make it desirable due to scarcity, or undesirable due to questions of it's legitimacy.

TimeForMemories

Post by TimeForMemories »

Maybe that's why it says "canceled" on it? Pretty weird! I wonder if they had the tees made, ended up canceling the tour as FiftyFiftyMan said, and then added "Canceled" on them to try to still sell some off? Again, weird!

FiftyFiftyMan

Post by FiftyFiftyMan »

I didn't even notice the cancelled on it. I'm wondering how many of these are floating around...if any? Nice one to have, any how.

Tagsalegirl1

Post by Tagsalegirl1 »

Thank you for your input and advice. :-) much appreciated.

SF415

Post by SF415 »

TimeForMemories wrote:Maybe that's why it says "canceled" on it? Pretty weird! I wonder if they had the tees made, ended up canceling the tour as FiftyFiftyMan said, and then added "Canceled" on them to try to still sell some off? Again, weird!
The back has an elaborate scene with Bonham's headstone/grave so I assume this was a posthumous t-shirt made in remembrance of his passing right around that time period.

Just my 2 cents.

Steve

DopeSnags

Post by DopeSnags »

I agree with Steve. This is a remembrance tee and is quite rare in that case. I think the fact that the tour was cancelled makes this tee worth considerably more.