Find direct trading partners by posting what you have and what you're looking for in return.
mrkdcck

My Stanley Mouse Shirt- Rock N Roll, Hot Rods, and Monsters!

Post by mrkdcck »

Stanley Mouse is the guy who put the face on Rock N Roll. He has done numerous album covers for some very popular San Francisco Bay area bands, the most popular being the Grateful Dead. He also drew the poster art for this up and coming Rock scene in the sixties emerging from San Francisco. He has pieces that are museum quality collectibles that are in the six-figures. All of Stanley's art will only go up in value as it's highly sought after Rock N Roll memorabilia. Before he became famous, he got his start by drawing hot rods and monsters in the 1950's Michigan beat scene. This art was never before seen anywhere and depicts his earliest creations that put him on the map!
Well, I have my own 1960 Stanley Mouse shirt that he created for himself! It's possibly the MOST original Stanley Mouse piece in existence! This shirt is airbrushed and signed with his trademark "Mouse" logo. He airbrushed on the back- "The Worlds Worst Artist" and "Monster Maker", on the front- "Mouse Hisself". I have a friend who saw him wearing this shirt back in the day on Dead tour- and I have NO reason to doubt that! This shirt is in excellent condition, was worn by Stanley Mouse, and over 50 years old! It doesn't get more original than this! Let me know if you're interested in this- for trade or best offer....
Attachments
Mouse5.jpg (138.17 KiB) Viewed 7727 times
Mouse4.jpg (155.06 KiB) Viewed 7727 times
Mouse3.jpg (122.94 KiB) Viewed 7727 times
Mouse2.jpg (127.77 KiB) Viewed 7727 times
mouse1.jpg (151.38 KiB) Viewed 7727 times
Last edited by mrkdcck on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: My Stanley Mouse Shirt- Rock N Roll, Hot Rods, and Monsters!

Post by jimmyj »

Amazing, thank you sir.

Looks like this one might be mostly, even all free-hand? The one featured here is printed and then detailed:

http://www.defunkd.com/2009/06/30/vinta ... e-t-shirt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jimmy J

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

I have a terrible third world internet connection and had to wait literally 10 minutes for the pictures to load. I'm happy to say that it was worth every second :D
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

Johnny65

Post by Johnny65 »

Wow! Very cool!

Thanx for sharing mrkdcck.